Hacking Thanks to Sakura I can finally save on my GBA backups!

Moraizen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my M3 Real for a while now, which came with the GBA expansion. I've always played GBA games, but there was one huge problem, very few games actually saved as they should (and I don't mean RTS, I mean regular saving).

One of the games that NEVER worked, not even with RTS, was Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow, at first I thought it was just a software problem, but as I kept upgrading to newer versions, the saving part was never fixed...

After reading about people with similar problems here on the GBAtemp forums I thought the only reason was that my expansion was busted... So I managed without my GBA backups.

But a few days ago I've decided to try out the new Sakura (the translated english version) to see if it was any good, and guess what? All the GBA games I've tried so far saved flawlessly (even Castlevania), and so far the saves haven't been deleted randomly like they used to. It's been almost a week and no problems at all!

I'm just wondering if someone has any explanation for this... It seems my expansion was not busted after all, oh and I did try saving GBA games one more time just before switching to Sakura, and it never worked.

For this reason alone I'm loving Sakura so far, and it hasn't given me any problems at all with either homebrew or DS backups.

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakura seems to use a different method of loading/saving GBA games than the old loader. Even with the patch method selected, GBA games seem to load significantly faster, and save without you having to power-cycle the DS (or, alternatively, if the system still does require a power-cycle, it transfers the save to the SD card so fast you don't even notice). Maybe this has something to do with it, or maybe they actually changed nothing and you're just lucky.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality