Thanks to my iPad, I may have just filed my taxes for free...

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by MarcusRaven, Feb 12, 2013.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Just had to share this. I'm just amazed at the ability of jailbreaking sometimes. Today was one of those days.

I downloaded the free TurboTax app to file my taxes this year. Its very easy to use, and they got me a higher state return than H&R Block Online did. Anyway, I get all the way to filing and I forgot that I had a certain in-app purchase crack still active. I was able to completely file my federal and state taxes, and I've seen no receipt trail of the $65 the app said it would cost me to file.

I think this may be due to the in-app purchase crack, but I'm just not sure. There's been no mention of my return getting charged when it comes in, they didn't ask for a credit card or debit card, and there was no confirmation of it posting to my iTunes account.

So, thanks to jailbreaking and hacks, I may have just accidentally (in my favor) cheated Intuit for helping me get back what the government cheated me. Lol.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Im not sure im proud of you or not.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I did have the US tax system explained to me once and though mysteries of electronics, computers and mechanical devices are frequently laid bare under my gaze and my hand this seemed to be one mystery out of my grasp.

I will say though the "government not able to compete with private enterprise" laws that see you unable to file taxes, for free, on a simple government website is a laughable state of affairs.

431unknown likes this.
  4. Izen

Member Izen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would venture to say this is not the kind of thing you'd want to post on a public forum.

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Eh, if they bill me later, I'll pay 'em. No biggie.