• Poll closed .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've still got 2 launch day 360s that work fine...well, the ethernet port on one of them died off, but other than that they're great, no RROD here ;O;

That said, I'm tempted to say most Tempers who voted for the original XBOX/360 either weren't even born for most of these consoles or were too young to appreciate them, hence why the 360 and the original XBOX has any votes at all. Granted, I am one of them (I was born in 94), my father and my older brother were avid gamers back in the day so as I grew up I was able to experience the CD-i and the 3DO and such...and they were both pretty poop lol.
I live in the comfort of being born in 1989 on the wrong side of the iron curtain, so I was 10 years behind the rest of you guys as far as gaming was concerned. I grew up playing NES games of a Famiclone, the more wealthy neighbours had a Mega Drive imported from the west and I got to play on that a little as well, Amiga's and Commodore 64's were everywhere (my uncle had the latter)... good stuff, good stuff. I got to experience all of this goodness despite being raised in an age of their obsoleteness. I think we "caught up" around the time when the Game Boy Color, the PlayStation and the N64 were released, that's when gaming systems from big name brands started being distributed in stores.
The only reason the CD-i exists is because Nintendo screwed over Sony which is also the only reason why Playstation exist now.
Pretty much. PlayStation exists solely out of spite, backing out of a deal like that was almost considered "dishonourable" in a Japanese setting. If that deal didn't fall through, we'd probably all be playing on Nintendo PlayStations and Nintendo PocketStations, that'd probably be the best things in the known universe, but oh well.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's be realistic, this poll is nearly useless because of the final showdown, it is (poll winner here) VS Tiger R-Zone, there is no way that any console from this list can beat R-Zone. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's be realistic, this poll is nearly useless because of the final showdown, it is (poll winner here) VS Tiger R-Zone, there is no way that any console from this list can beat R-Zone. :P
That depends on your classifications. Buyers of the R-Zone knew exactly what they're getting into, Tiger had a history of shitty handheld games and this thing was no exception. Other consoles... could've been more disappointing. :rofl2:

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so it was a refurb with a history of acting up - figures. I know it sounds crazy but the one place where consoles get completely demolished as far as grime and dust is concerned are game stores. I can't even begin to count the number of times when GAME would sell an absolutely fithy system that you had to spend an hour cleaning before it looked presentablem and that's considered "refurbished". I'm not saying "don't buy pre-owned systems", they're a great value, just be sure to give them some love and check things before jumping in head first. ;)

Yeah. I was far less educated on gaming and tinkering with electronics at the time (I was just getting back into gaming after being out of it pretty much the whole generation at the time, save for emulators and occasional GameCube games), so I didn't really look into anything. If I had made the decision to buy it myself, I would've gone with a slim instead, though.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol let's be honest the people voting for Xbox/Xbox 360 most likely aren't even Sony/Nintendo fans but Ex-Xbox Fans still mad over the DRM thing on Xbone.

Until one comes in and explains their motives that's just speculation. The Xbox and Xbox 360 did win their own generations. More people had to hate them over Nintendo and Sony (and Sega in the Xbox's case).

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im just facepalming at the hate for Philips its so predictable. I bet if Casio sued Nintendo last week the PV-1000 would have 200 votes instead now.
I'd take that bet. My money would be that the votes would shift dramatically if it were Casio making retarded Zelda and Mario games. That "excuuuuuuse me"-meme by itself is probably responsible for half current the votes.
EDIT: not true...this piece of lousy cutscène animation wasn't in the game to begin with.

That said...I've explained earlier that my main vote for the CD-i was because the damn thing was openly advertising education in games as if that was a good thing (to a kid, this is like pouring Brussels-sprouts into ice cream and saying you will like the end result). I can't remember anyone asking for FMV's either (though I have to admit this was something that should've been learned sooner or later...it was just that the CD-i seemed to do it on a massive scale).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of a single CDI I'd actually want to play. Actually seeing the 3 Zeldas in the AVGN videos cemented that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.