tfw you realize our official sponsor links to warez

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day, the whole purpose of GBAtemp was to share GBA roms. The site banned sharing warez because of legal trouble, not because GBAtemp doesn't like warez.
From a legal standpoint, I don't think GBAtemp is responsible for what its sponsor does.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day, the whole purpose of GBAtemp was to share GBA roms. The site banned sharing warez because of legal trouble, not because GBAtemp doesn't like warez.
From a legal standpoint, I don't think GBAtemp is responsible for what its sponsor does.
afaik we never actually got into any legal trouble because kivan stopped sharing roms before nintendo started issuing dmcas. He saw the danger rising, and didn't want the site to go the way of some other popular warez sites at the time.
It's funny because your not wrong. I assuming GBAtemp gets money from the sponsor to pay for the cost to run this lovely site. I'm pretty sure we could all let this one slide amiright?
The only thing is that imo they don't even link to a good rom site :P

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
afaik we never actually got into any legal trouble because kivan stopped sharing roms before nintendo started issuing dmcas. He saw the danger rising, and didn't want the site to go the way of some other popular warez sites at the time.

The only thing is that imo they don't even link to a good rom site :P
Hey whats wrong with that site? I like it imo. You know free roms and quick downloads. It's not like people go there for the community lol.

Back on topic. I'm sure the mods saw it by now and simply decided to ignore this thread because it's the best thing to do. Who knows maybe they have a forum that only staff members can access that hosts roms and other "against the rules" stuffs.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey whats wrong with that site? I like it imo. You know free roms and quick downloads. It's not like people go there for the community lol.

Back on topic. I'm sure the mods saw it by now and simply decided to ignore this thread because it's the best thing to do. Who knows maybe they have a forum that only staff members can access that hosts roms and other "against the rules" stuffs.
They do have a staff only section. Now I'm curious what's all there.

I wonder if there's a venting section where mods get together and bash their most hated temp members.

Reactions: medoli900

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
They do have a staff only section. Now I'm curious what's all there.

I wonder if there's a venting section where mods get together and bash their most hated temp members.
I know they will admit to nothing haha

HJQRUZy.png

:tpi:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol