Tetsuya Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts III

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Sep 27, 2010.

Sep 27, 2010
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Tetsuya Nomura Discusses Kingdom Hearts III
    "Not currently possible"
    [​IMG]

With its prequels and side stories, the Kingdom Hearts franchise has kept followers of the series engaged for years. Fans have anticipated the next big title in the franchise for some time: Kingdom Hearts III (KH III) . In a recent interview, Tetsuya Nomura discusses life, his full schedule of projects, and notably what his plans are for KH III.

Nomura-san commented on the current challenges he faces developing KH III:

“For any sequel of the mainstream storyline of the Kingdom Hearts series, that would be Kingdom Hearts III”

He added:

“But the problem is that the opportunity of developing the sequel is not currently [possible]. The team is busy, I am busy.”

Even with his busy schedule, KH III is still something he wants to do and is preparing for. Nomura-san had this to say about his thoughts on the next chapter in the storyline:

I’m thinking about what’s going to be next after Kingdom Hearts II, the future that is Kingdom Hearts III. Time has nearly come to [work on] that concept.

With the game’s concept phase being in sight, it leads to the question: When can we expect it? When asked if we would see it on the current generation of consoles, he gave this revelation:

Yes it might be possible. It is my desire to develop the next Kingdom Hearts on the existing platform, but the problem with a new console is that it has new technical requirements… So, yes, I’m willing to create something on the existing console because when we aim for another non-existing future console, the release of the title will be far in the future. That’s my concern.

Nomura-san is a busy man, even stating he had to “sacrifice my private time, my marriage, my family time” to stay on top of all his current projects. At least KH III is one of those projects. No matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    he needs to stop working to be sacrificing soo much time, i give him credit though for his marriage still working

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hope it goes multi platform (360) like lots of other SE releases of late [​IMG]

4. TheDestroyer

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™

United States
    So I guess, nomura is doing it afterall! I am just wondering what would be the graphics like.. i.e. cartoon-ish like other KH or something different like FFXIII graphics... but anyway, good stuff.. I'd like to see it on ps3 hopefully [​IMG]

Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    I am DARED to buy a PSP bundle with KH:Birth by Sleep. Why is this happening to me in RL >.>

6. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    they are really busy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stop man, just stop.

Tetsuya looks Ridiculous with that jacket.

7. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Translation: "We going to explode Kingdom Hearts saga like Final Fantasy".

8. girugamarc

Member girugamarc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Announce Date: July 19, 2012
    Release Date: Nov 23, 2021

Yep, sounds like something Square would do.

9. sendyo

Member sendyo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been waiting to here news about this game for a while now I am actually HAPPY to start here something about KH3, But game making is serious business and it sounds so time consuming.

10. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Rawr! Yes!

And it's good if they're gonna spend time on it, it will be of the same quality of previous games, unless something unexpected happens. [​IMG]

11. NatureMade

Member NatureMade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well we've known it was inevitable. The story left off at a stand still
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    But these side stories are either hit or miss. 358, While NICE to get insight on, was completely un-needed. It was nothing but missions with an hour at most of needed dialogue and story.

as for BBS, THAT was a proper story builder. Everything made more sense after that game.
    As for Coded, I've read the story, It seems like it's gonna be another CoM/358 Filler kinda story.

As for Kingdom Hearts 3D, That's gonna be another HUGE story builder. I almost was convinced IT was KH3, cause of the 3 being in the title and all, and Nomura loving to hide things like that in plain sight. But all in all, this is exciting.

I just hope once it's said and done, Nomura won't pull a Final Fantasy and re-boot the series with new characters. That would just kill me ~.~

12. Fellow

Member Fellow GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now everyone can stop addressing Kingdom Hearts III as if it's been in development for years.

13. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Lol, I really thought KH III would release this year, why? KH I released in 2002 (fifa world cup 2002) then KH II in 2006 (again fifa world cup)...but now here in 2010, no KH III BUT a KH title we thought was KH III released - BbS...(admit it, we all thought back in 2007 after seeing the birth by sleep trailer, that it's KH III)

14. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dammit Nomura. Oh well, better find something to do before KHIII is released in 20 years.

15. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I don't like how he said "it's possible" that the game might be released on ps3. Sony said they have a 10 year plan to support the PS3. And it's only "possible?"

That's like saying it's possible to release it on PS2.

I don't know how I feel about this.

16. tk615

Member tk615 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    HEY!! What the heck is wrong people these days. The amount of work he is doing is just incredible. But also sacrificing his FAMILY TIME and his PRIVATE LIFE, he should get a seriously LONG ASS break. When I read comments such as:

All I see is arrogance and greed. I don't think hes some slave to develop games for people in the world. Not only that but it is hard to even write up a solid story for a follow up, or anything else for that matter. HE IS ALSO A HUMAN BEING !

17. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    good point he is human, and wow for some reason I thought it was in some phase of develoment all these years, well patience then.

18. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    still have re re coded for playstation 2

re birth by sleep for playstation 3. Final mix of birth by sleep and re coded and re re coded as well.

19. Okami Wolfen

Member Okami Wolfen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No it didn't. Some stuff, yes, but the X-blade and Terra possessing Xehanort things weren't really needed, were they?

20. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Wow, this is the first news I've read on KH 3 in a while.