Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

in the Hollydays i started to play Tetris again and i would like to know if there are other "freaks" like me who play such an old game this times again ... ok many may play that new tetris for the DS but i am talking about the very first one for the GB Mono.

Only bad thing is that it seems that there are no more rockets to see ... i think i have all
frown.gif

Rocket%201.jpg
Rocket%202.jpg

Rocket%203.jpg
Rocket%204.jpg

Score.jpg

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I play Tetris DX, used to play it for hours on end until I got Tetris DS, but now I play it a lot less because I really miss fast drop. And in DX, there is way more ships than that.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I still will fire that up in some form or other of that original GB title as quite frankly it's still the best and most pure and challenging form of the game. DX had that rotate up the wall bug and aggravating music, the spinoffs mostly blew or were average...that is until Tetris DS. BUT the DS title you can let a piece rot in the deck down below and move it about to place things right with rapid rotation so it takes a bit of the challenge off in a way, though alters the game enough that it's not exactly straight Tetris anymore either.

Ya know what's funny in seeing those rocket pics? The 3rd one is the soyuz capsule on top of the rocket used to boost it. But I doubt most would realize that but the 4th image is not the space shuttle persay...it's the soviet 'Buran' shuttle with it's own rocket booster. Take a look at the booster in back, the Buran used a booster with that shape, and it has the smaller engines in back which I believe were semi-positional which made it easier to land.
wink.gif
Yah I know worthless trivia, go and wiki it sometime.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know that there was a rotate up the wall glitch lol, never noticed it. But I liked the music lol. I have all the tracks memorized, all three of them!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah in Tetris DX there is no real reason ever to have the game finish as long as you can hold out with thumb stamina. Depending which wall you want to climb up the piece hit that sides button. For left use B and for right use A. Mash like hell and watch it scale up the wall and see how high it can go.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the most part I agree about with Vampire Hunter D about the various tetris versions although I must once again trumpet the virtues of Minna no Soft's Tetris advance (not to be mistaken for Tetris Worlds which with the exception of the hidden classic mode deserves to burn).

Tetris 2 on the NES is a damn fun game in my opinion as well and nesDS runs it flawlessly.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been playing gbmono tetris a lot lately and was already 3 times only one row away from my current goal of doing a btype high3 game with only tetri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou