tetris tournament help!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by daha, Nov 2, 2007.

1. daha
    OP

daha Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    k well a tetris tournament is coming to my university in hawaii and im planning on enter and and to qualify for the actual tournament i gotta be top 16 out of everybody in clear line in points. you guys got any strats for me to get most points? i am a fairly good tetris player and so far i schooled about 104500 points at level 16 and height 4. whereas when i play 20 20 i score about 95000 by the end of 25 lines. well any input is well appreciated and if u guys wanna see the prize im playing for u can check out www.tetriscup.com

2. stussy2k

stussy2k Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2007
    Canada
    now i feel awesome about my 600000

3. daha
    OP

daha Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    you gotta play line clear thats the mode where u only make 25 lines go away not endless

4. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Practice?

5. daha
    OP

daha Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    damn just got more info on the rules it has to be lvl 1 and height 0 in line clear mode. i been playing like crazy and i always get around 10000 and my highest was 10498. this is really difficult because i dont know how the points are judged in the game i tried to build high towers so i get more points from the hard drop but i actually got more points when i played fast. soo i dont know the deciding factors in getting points in line clear mode. anyone have any ideas?

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I'm curious abotu a couple things:
    Are you talking about Tetris DS or a more authentic tetris?
    Are you saying that the tournament is scored based on points? Hmm.

I don't know what the scoring rules are with double T-spins and all that in arcade tetris or tetris grand master so w/e.

I used to have a friend who was really into tetris but I'm not too good at it.

7. daha
    OP

daha Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    ya the tournament is held on the nds but they are only taking the top 16 players that score the highest in line clear level 1 and height 0. so after every one has played single player in line clear mode the top 16 players will than go in a tournament in vs mode. so right now im just trying to figure out how to get the highest score so i can be one of those 16 ppl.

8. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Play constantly.
    That's what I used to do - and I kicked ass.

But now, I'm not as good.
    Tetris DS is very addicting, you should have a problem constantly practicing.
    Put it on Level 5 in the Vs. Mode and train until you can beat that level of difficulty easily.

Good luck, yo.

9. daha
    OP

daha Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    do pros do t spins alot? because i can do tspins if i try hard but i dont know if it provides a lot of extra points

10. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    In Endless Marathon, I got 3.4 million points.. I could've gone for more, but I couldn't stand playing Tetris DS any longer that day. [​IMG]

~Nero