Tetris Party Deluxe Coming to Wii and DS in June

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source

Tetris Party is like my favorite WiiWare game, so I can see loving this.

EDIT: It's coming to retail, which is good since I have no more space on my Wii to play WiiWare/VC games and I don't have a DSi to download it. Very stoked.

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The last DS retail release I pretty much got board of the other variations and just played straight up original Tetris so I'm not all that interested in this, it suits the DS better as home console Tetris never played as well for me.

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    VS Sprint sounds awesome, assuming it's the same thing as the 5P Sprint on Tetris Friends. I never played Tetris Party, but I'm hoping the WiFi allows for a matchmaking/scoreboard system similar to the way Tetris Friends does it.

4. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hope the controls will be the same as tetris ds. I'd hate having a hard drop that would let you move for a split second after it hit the ground.

5. shito

Member shito GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    0_o

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I wonder if Bombliss would be the same as the original one or as sparkliss (which looks very much like it). I liked both versions, so it'll be good for me either way. [​IMG]

7. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    yeah the 1st wii Tetris Party was awful

8. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the problem with variations of the older versions of tht game is that what is new is not necessarily bcz of the game name but includes the gameplay eg. FFX-2 thought they would change the from the previous one which had a good name (fame)... it didnt go as well bcz sometimes original is original hence a totally new idea is needed hence FF11 and FF12

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Meh. I prefer the good old GB Tetris. These variants are fun at times, but not always.

10. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Move with D-Pad, hard drop, fast drop, what's "awful" about it? Maybe the funky control schemes sucked, but that's because they were weird and meant for just fun. I played that game to life and death and it was fine.

Anyway, he's talking about Tetris DS, not Tetris Party.

11. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I loved the first Wii Tetris Party, except if I played it longer then a few minutes, my eyes would start to hurt because the graphics/blocks were so small and unclear.
    So annoying, I don't have this with any other Wii games, maybe my TV was just to small, but it really ruined the game for me.
    Hopefully they make it bigger in this version, then I'm gonna play this to death!

12. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I think you need glasses [​IMG]

13. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Fock that, Tetris Party was the only game that made my eyes hurt, no worries [​IMG]
    It was the game/my small TV, nothing else.

14. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    no, he was talking about the 1st tetris party. The controls had horrible reaction compared to the press-for-press accuracy and excellence of the finest videogame ever created, Tetris DS.

15. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    I guess Tetris Party's controls were a bit mushy (did I really just say that?) compared to the Tetris DS' snappy performance. But that's probably because the DS' control pad is pretty much the worst one I've ever experienced. If I happened to press the Left or Right buttons with my thumb slightly off-center it'd sometimes think I pressed the Up button, ruining my game with a big, ugly, misplaced Hard Drop. [​IMG]

(God... I never expected I'd be whiny enough to complain about Tetris' control scheme.)

Anyway, I really don't see why they'd have to make the game multi-platform. The effort is obviously all going into the DS version, judging by all the lame new modes they're adding. And besides, we've already got a perfectly good DS Tetris outing, and it's got a kick-butt Nintendo theme to it. Why make another one with a horribly generic design?