Tetris 99 now has offline modes as DLC

Tetris 99 has been a fairly popular game for Nintendo Switch Online users, but if you're more of an offline player, you'll still be able to get in on the fun as well, through the game's newly revealed Big Block Season Pass. This will allow for offline matches against the CPU, pitting you against 98 bots in the "CPU Battle Mode", or will let you play a "Marathon" mode to see how long you can last. A third offline mode is included, but won't be released until later this year. While Tetris 99's online mode can be played for free, assuming you have Nintendo Switch Online, you can grab the offline Big Block DLC for $9.99.

Another Grand Prix event will also be held in the game on May 17th, where you earn event points. Obtain 100 of them, and you'll unlock a Game Boy skin, which makes the game look like it once did on the classic handheld.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those modes might replace my Puyo Puyo Tetris training routine (like endurance matches or endless marathon mode).
... if it wasn't 10 bucks for one new mode and one old mode that you'd get in any other modern Tetris game.

this is just like paying for dubbed instead of subbed for games that are not dubbed.
Fitting profile pic, mate. Gave me a good laugh. :rofl:

Last edited by Axido,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So its free to play the online battle royale mode (which BTW is the main killer feature and sole purpose of this entire game), but you have to pay $10 to play the basic offline Tetris mode that everyone's been playing for decades and on pretty much every console and smart device?

Reactions: Xzi

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So its free to play the online battle royale mode (which BTW is the main killer feature and sole purpose of this entire game), but you have to pay $10 to play the basic offline Tetris mode that everyone's been playing for decades and on pretty much every console and smart device?
Yes. Good reading comprehension! :P
That's what gameturbation costs, my friend...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, if you need online sub to even download the game, then what happens if you buy the dlc but don't sub after? You just wasted $10? :blink:

The nes online requires a weekly internet connection check to see if your sub is still active to play. If this game is the same, then why not just make the game $10 instead of making it dlc? You still need sub to play online, and anyone can buy it to play offline. :wtf:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, if you need online sub to even download the game, then what happens if you buy the dlc but don't sub after? You just wasted $10? :blink:

The nes online requires a weekly internet connection check to see if your sub is still active to play. If this game is the same, then why not just make the game $10 instead of making it dlc? You still need sub to play online, and anyone can buy it to play offline. :wtf:
You can download the game even without a sub, you just weren't able to play it without online before now.

Reactions: felix.200

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just downloaded it went to do a battle with others and the controls won't let you use analog stick for moving left ot right what a load of shit:lol:
OK I just realized the analog sticks are used for something else but don't really care as had a few go's and doubt I'll be going back to it:lol:

Last edited by DANTENDO,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: