Tetris 3DS v1.0

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, May 16, 2008.

May 16, 2008

Tetris 3DS v1.0 by JPH at 5:32 AM (2,049 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    [​IMG] Tetris 3DS v1.0
    3D Tetris Game for the DS
    [​IMG]
    Tetris 3DS is a 3D Tetris Homebrew game, created by ANTONIOND.
    It features stylus control, ability to listen to MP3 files while playing (with the limit of about 2.5mb), and it keeps up with your records.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    An interesting idea, but the sideways screen with the button controls makes no sense.
    ...What really doesn't make sense is that you have so many buttons, a hold function and a hard drop, and you can only rotate your pieces one way.

3. MagNetCZ

Member MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Yeah, the controls are kind of bad. It would be nicer to have the dpad as it is and R to rotate, no hold.

4. kallekall

Member kallekall GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks nice [​IMG]

5. wiidsguy

Member wiidsguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    looks Great this is the kind of stuff i want, i will download when i get home.

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    This looks to be a pretty neat game

7. shado blackstar

Member shado blackstar GBAtemp Regular

No DLDI support...?

8. Venko

Member Venko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Seriously? I was going to try this game but if it's not DLDI compliant then obviously I can't.

My Spanish or Italian (I can't even tell which it is XD) is really awful so I can't tell from the source.

It does seem odd not to use DLDI in this time and age though [​IMG]

9. kallekall

Member kallekall GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I could DLDI patch my game. At least the patcher said "Patch Successful"... Could play both the patched and unpatched version, but I get a FAT-error with both. This game have potential. Control needs improvement. Costumized control would be awesome! Would like sound as well. Know I can use mp3 but it would be nice with standard sounds as well. I hope he keep up the good work!

10. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    From the ReadMe file, it appears you need a "Tetris_3DS" folder on the root of your card, with the following contents: your own mp3 renamed to MENU.mp3, Tetris3DS_Config.dat (which is created for you if one doesn't already exist), readme.txt, and then your songs in the format "SONG_XX.mp3" where XX is a two digit number starting with 00 and incrementing by 1 for each new song.

Aha, here's the paragraph we need:
    Basically, from what little I can understand this means he already knows some people are having filesystem errors on certain cards, getting black screens and nothing else. To "resolve" this, press L+R while you start the game, which will deactivate the FAT access and prevent you from saving or using your own mp3s but at least allowing the game to run.

11. neonix

Member neonix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Using an R4, it worked before I made the Tetris_3DS folder, but gave the FAT access error; played fine though.
    With the folder, it loads fine, no music, and then blacks out after a few seconds.

Oh well. I look forward to future releases, this has potential, but it needs to have DLDI and better (maybe configurable) controls.