Testing Backup Quality

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by hankchill, Dec 20, 2007.

Dec 20, 2007

Testing Backup Quality by hankchill at 12:22 PM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Hi All,

I've made a backup of one of my X360 games, and being my first backup, I want to make sure I did it correctly. I tested the ripped image with XDVDMulleter to confirm that all of the checks have passed, which they did, so in essence, my disc is 'stealth', correct? After, I burned the image with IMGBurn onto a DVD+R DL disc, with media code RICOHJPN D01. I heard that these were hit and miss in regards to quality, but it had no problems burning and verifying. I also decided that to make sure I have a good disc by using Nero CD-DVD Speed and testing the disc quality... Here were my results:

[​IMG]

This scanned the whole disc... And rated it 100% quality, with ZERO PI Errors or PI Failures. Is this actually possible???

Anyone run these tests? Are they relevant? [​IMG]

--Henry

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well honestly, all those extra tests are irrelevant to me. All I use is XDVDMulleter and if everything checks out there, I burn and play. I'm using Sony branded discs but the media code is the same as yours. I have yet to burn a coaster so I think the discs are good.

3. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    If you ripped it with a Kreon drive you need to download KreonChecker and check the iso.

Mulletter will tell you it's stealth when it's not if the ISO was ripped with a Kreon. This is the main suspect/culprit in the recent bannings. The security sectors are can be read as 360 when they should only be read as 0-359.

If you ripped with a sammy you should be safe.

But yeah check out KreonChecker and it wouldn't hurt to grab Schtom 360 either instead of mulleter. I believe that will give you a more accurate reading on the S.S. of the game.

4. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    The lastest ixtreme firmware, 1.4, solved that problem so I don't bother doing that anymore either.

5. Bob Loblaw

United States
    Truth.

I'm still on ixtreme 1.2 because I don't use xbox live. Can't afford it right now. So for other people on 1.2 that use online make sure to use kreonchecker.

6. Skv0ra

Newcomer Skv0ra Member

United States
    So were there bannings in IX1.2 or is that one still safe?

7. Bob Loblaw

United States
    1.2 is not online safe. You won't definitely get banned using it. But the chances are good.

8. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    None of them are safe really, Microsoft just has to change the code on the disc so that the hackers drives don't read the data properly and then everyone is screwed.