Hacking Tester(s) needed with FarCry

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No more testing needed, it works with a retail disc. It would be very unlikely if it won't work with patched backup.

I just finished SoftChip r96 and NeoGamma R2. Both work now with Sam & Max, so i want to know if FarCry works with them too now.
SoftChip r96:
http://rapidshare.com/files/234453907/boot.dol.html
(10 downloads should be enough)

NeoGamma R2:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5914

What's to test:
FarCry. You need to get past this point in the game: the wii restarts after completing the first level during the "plane flight away from the island movie cut scene".

Requirements:
You need a retail disc, a modchip, cioscorp installed or patched the game to use IOS249.

Please test with both aplications and describe what happens after the "plane flight away from the island movie cut scene".

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Saw the title and then when I visited the topic I saw that you meant the Wii version of Far Cry
shy.gif

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, just retail is good enough?

K, well I'm during exam time so I'm not in school right now, but my next exam is on Wednesday so I can ask him to bring it then.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alexrose said:
Oh, just retail is good enough?

K, well I'm during exam time so I'm not in school right now, but my next exam is on Wednesday so I can ask him to bring it then.

Hmm, the retail disc might have a lower compatiblity. But when you test it and it works, then it will work for softmods too i think. For example Red Steel doesn't work in SoftChip(speaking about the retail disc or if you use a modchip), unless you patch it to use IOS36 or IOS249, or replace IOS9 with cIOS9 from cioscorp.

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
do you meen farcry revenge??? i got the original and a backup, i got cios rev 10 , mios , preloader 0.29 , bootmii as an ios, boot2 not supported, LU58 or 59 not sure not home at the moment, finish work at 10 pm eastern time canada , if you think i got what is needed to do your test just let me know i will give you some feedback when i'm back home, i can also recorde while testing with my tv tuner on my pc,

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobinc said:
do you meen farcry revenge??? i got the original and a backup, i got cios rev 10 , mios , preloader 0.29 , bootmii as an ios, boot2 not supported, LU58 or 59 not sure not home at the moment, finish work at 10 pm eastern time canada , if you think i got what is needed to do your test just let me know i will give you some feedback when i'm back home, i can also recorde while testing with my tv tuner on my pc,

I thought there's only 1 FarCry for Wii. And i thought it's Far Cry Vengeance, maybe it's the same.

Just insert the original disc or a backup patched to use IOS249 in your drive and test.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got my hands on the game, will test in a bit and re-edit this post. Can't believe I gotta play it
tongue.gif

I'll need to do the patch to 249 test, as the modchip drives dead, and no CiosCorp

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you patch abackup to 249 i take it you'll need to run it through backup loader right.

and why would an original have lower compatibility? are you talking about loading it through the disc loader or disc channel? i think i misunderstood something lol

thebobinc said:

oo well done. what about cIOSCORP, modchip or game patched to IOS249? the three main things.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok WiiPower m8, it worked no problem at all with Softchip patched it to 249, and selected that IOS etc
wink.gif
Took ages to get to the bit mentioned though, it's a cut scene where you get in a plane with a girl called "Kade", at one point when she's talking she says...and I quote "you are a clever monkey".. I liked that bit
tongue.gif

Anyway, like some kind of fool I got a save just before there backed it up to SD and went to test with NeoGamma, deleted the save from Wii, MOVED it to Wii from SD not copy (yeah fool), forgot what I was doing (I have excuses I was busy) and deleted it from the Wii again
rolleyes.gif

I'm guessing it will work with NeoGamma too, but will get back to the same point and test with NeoGamma too incase the codes a bit different. I can check with a 1:1 backup too (if needed) and will have a save at the right point by then
tongue.gif
I wont be busy then so will make sure I don't delete it this time.

So.... looks like you sorted it m8. Well done
biggrin.gif

It did have a little skip in the loading of that cutscene, but I played on quiye a bit after it to be sure. Deffo works with softchip patched to 249.

*EDIT*
Works with NeoGamma as well, you kick assssssssssssss WiiPower

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks Slimmmmm, i don't think any more tests are required.

mikeyt1998 said:
if you patch abackup to 249 i take it you'll need to run it through backup loader right.

and why would an original have lower compatibility? are you talking about loading it through the disc loader or disc channel? i think i misunderstood something lol

Well, as explained, Red Steel retail disc or backup with a modchip only works if patched to IOS36 or IOS249. Or if cioscorp is installed(which replaces the IOS requested by the game with an IOS based on IOS36). IOS9 and IOS36 have a totally different structure.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
playallday said:
Minox_IX said:
Saw the title and then when I visited the topic I saw that you meant the Wii version of Far Cry
shy.gif
Same here
tongue.gif
. So why is it called FarCry?
Because you'll Cry when the enemies sees you from Far away (eagle eyes, wtf?).

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, it's because you'll cry when you have to get that far through such a crap game for WiiPower, only to realise that you deleted the save file and have to do it all over again on neogamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)