Gaming Tesco UK Getting Rid off Wii U Stock? Premium Wii U's as low as £74 ($111)!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It seems as though Tesco (UK) is trying to get rid off all their Wii U stock as they're underselling it for as low as £74 ($111), the tough part? Try finding one before they were already snatched.

Premium Wii U Inc. Nintendo Land - £74: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-32gb-with-nintendo-land-74-tesco-instore-2135367

Premium Wii U Inc. Lego City Undercover - £84: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii...ty-undercover-bundle-84-instore-tesco-2134842

Basic Wii U - £84: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...gb-black-with-lego-undercover-instore-2134586

Here's a receipt from one of these lucky bastards:
H1ODBVi.jpg

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems as though Tesco (UK) is trying to get rid off all their Wii U stock as they're underselling it for as low as £74 ($111), the tough part? Try finding one before they were already snatched.

Premium Wii U Inc. Nintendo Land - £74: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-32gb-with-nintendo-land-74-tesco-instore-2135367

Premium Wii U Inc. Lego City Undercover - £84: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii...ty-undercover-bundle-84-instore-tesco-2134842

Basic Wii U - £84: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...gb-black-with-lego-undercover-instore-2134586

Here's a receipt from one of these lucky bastards:
H1ODBVi.jpg

FAKE!!! Trolling UK Deals, if that was the case then why not the XboxOnes or even the Playstation 4's? whats so special about selling the wiiu console that retails @£229.00 for £84.00, bollocks they would never cut it by that much! and also they are selling off an old xbox360 for £74.00.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
FAKE!!! Trolling UK Deals, if that was the case then why not the XboxOnes or even the Playstation 4's? whats so special about selling a console that retails @£229.00 for £84.00, bollocks!

If you remember Asda too had a clearance of Wii U stock so it's not surprising if Tesco's cutting the cord from purchasing future Wii U stock from Nintendo.

Asda removes Nintendo's Wii U from stores @ BBC UK

Welp, Wii U's not really doing too well with retailers.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not fake. They are also selling off Vitas for £49 (Wifi) and also the old Wii Minis for £29. Its a case of "if you can find the stores with stock" however which is hit and miss, but these are definitely legit.

FAKE!!! Trolling UK Deals, if that was the case then why not the XboxOnes or even the Playstation 4's? whats so special about selling the wiiu console that retails @£229.00 for £84.00, bollocks they would never cut it by that much! and also they are selling off an old xbox360 for £74.00.

Because maybe the Xbox and the PS4 ya know....actually sell? The Wii U is as good as dead in the UK so certain places want to get rid of stock and save shelf space.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
If you remember Asda too had a clearance of Wii U stock so it's not surprising if Tesco's cutting the cord from purchasing future Wii U stock from Nintendo.

Asda removes Nintendo's Wii U from stores @ BBC UK

Welp, Wii U's not really doing too well with retailers.

yeah but only for shops you can still buy them direct. I mean come on be real £229.00 NSMBU Bundle for £84.00, I cannot believe it and find it very hard to believe, sorry and why just WiiU's not Sonys or Xbox's?! Sure we just haven't got a bit of hype in the mix on ukdeals by someone?

Its not fake. They are also selling off Vitas for £49 (Wifi) and also the old Wii Minis for £29. Its a case of "if you can find the stores with stock" however which is hit and miss, but these are definitely legit.

Because maybe the Xbox and the PS4 ya know....actually sell? The Wii U is as good as dead in the UK so certain places want to get rid of stock and save shelf space.

Yeah you may think that coming from a PS4 fanboy probably, get real!

Edit: Come on guys give your head a wobble!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah but only for shops you can still buy them direct. I mean come on be real £229.00 NSMBU Bundle for £84.00, I cannot believe it and find it very hard to believe, sorry and why just WiiU's not Sonys or Xbox's?! Sure we just haven't got a bit of hype in the mix on ukdeals by someone?

Sorry, What?:blink:

These consoles ARE being sold off by Tescos (the remaining stores that carry the Wii U, old style 3DS and the Vita) and admittedly its hit or miss the stores that have stock of these. Am I missreading what you are saying or are you basically saying it isn't true? lol

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Wii Mini for £29 and Vita £49?

bens-stupid-surprise-face.jpg

I would totally get a Wii Mini and Vita if the Tescos nearby had any god damn stock of it.

Edit: Come on guys give your head a wobble!

It's not fanboyism the Wii U just isn't doing well and that's a known fact. Why did Nintendo push their best games to the 3DS than Wii U and why has SMTxFE potentially been cancelled? Wii U's a commercial failure.

Reactions: elmoemo

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, What?:blink:

These consoles ARE being sold off by Tescos (the remaining stores that carry the Wii U, old style 3DS and the Vita) and admittedly its hit or miss the stores that have stock of these. Am I missreading what you are saying or are you basically saying it isn't true? lol

ergh.. yeah! A Tescos receipt showing a minus of -£239.99p when the console is selling @£239.99p then how did it add up to a total of £84.99p in the end then genius??? Have you ever thought it might of been a misprint? or just someone being a complete arse!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ergh.. yeah! A Tescos receipt showing a minus of -£239.99p when the console is selling @£239.99p then how did it add up to a total of £84.99p genius??? Have you ever thought it might of been a misprint?

So your going to completely ignore all the other people that have uploaded their own Tesco receipts for the various other hardware that they have bought that is being sold off too? If your annoyed that Tesco close to wherever you are doesn't have any stock of this lot then say so. But its very much not a misprint just because you want to believe it is. Its called selling off old unwanted stock. It happens from time to time.

Reactions: elmoemo

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
So your going to completely ignore all the other people that have uploaded their own Tesco receipts for the various other hardware that they have bought that is being sold off too? If your annoyed that Tesco close to wherever you are doesn't have any stock of this lot then say so. But its very much not a misprint just because you want to believe it is. Its called selling off old unwanted stock. It happens from time to time.

What receipts???, I cannot find one on all 6 pages apart from the misprint one and alot of peeps saying "god I bought 8 today and I bought 10". You believe what you like but I don't have sucker written all over my forehead, do I?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, and I thought the £120 Wii U Mario Kart 8 edition that I bought from my friend was a bargain. Anyways, my local Tesco doesn't even advertise a Wii U console for sale so I wouldn't even be able to get a cut price new one anyways.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What receipts???, I cannot find one on all 6 pages apart from the misprint one and alot of peeps saying "god I bought 8 today and I bought 10". You believe what you like but I don't have sucker written all over my forehead, do I?

Cant actually believe I'm wasting valuable time on this but here goes:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...gb-black-with-lego-undercover-instore-2134586
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...go-undercover-instore-2134586?page=6#comments
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...go-undercover-instore-2134586?page=8#comments
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tes...go-undercover-instore-2134586?page=9#comments
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-vita-wifi-49-tesco-store-2135154
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-32gb-with-nintendo-land-74-tesco-instore-2135367

Can't be bothered to look for any more, but you get the idea...
Please, feel free to just come back and rubbish everything on all of those links if you like :lol:

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah I agree I have been through all the pages but found like 3 altogether with £89.99p with the same code on all three pictures. Sorry but I'm still not convinced. So if I ring Tesco Telford up tomorrrow they will tell me you can buy them for £89.99p Premium packs, I will be back. Look though I'm not that bothered tbh I have a wiiu but if they where say selling a PS4 a bit cheaper then I would go and try and hunt one down.

Edit: by the way none of your links link up to any official receipts I can actually see with barcodes etc.., just thought I would let you know.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I agree I have been through all the pages but found like 3 altogether with £89.99p with the same code on all three pictures. Sorry but I'm still not convinced. So if I ring Tesco Telford up tomorrrow they will tell me you can buy them for £89.99p Premium packs, I will be back. Look though I'm not that bothered tbh I have a wiiu but if they where say selling a PS4 a bit cheaper then I would go and try and hunt one down.

Tesco as in the Supermarket are selling off stock that they keep in supermarkets of the Wii U, Wii and Vita. Not many stores have carried stock for these machines for a while now anyway. So all thats being sold is what is left on the shelves or "out the back." If you were to order from Tesco Direct (which is different to instore) then you can expect to pay full price still for the above consoles. Its just store stock, with limited availability all over the country. But if you look through the deals, you'll see dozens of people (long standing respectable members of HDUK also) stating that they managed to find stock of various consoles. I personally know someone who managed to get the Lego version of the Wii U for £84 from the Beaumont Leys store early this morning in North Leicester.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ergh.. yeah! A Tescos receipt showing a minus of -£239.99p when the console is selling @£239.99p then how did it add up to a total of £84.99p in the end then genius??? Have you ever thought it might of been a misprint? or just someone being a complete arse!

That looks more to me like someone had neglected to update the tills/stock the item (or the seller did not scan a discount barcode -- which would also explain the different product code), the first transaction was cancelled and then the real price was entered (and for £160 most people would query the difference) before the thing was sold.

I will have to try to find the sell off price that the phones4u auction ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/uk-only-phones4u-inventory-being-liquidated-by-john-pye-auctions.377456/ ) had for its Wii U stock, it was not an awful lot more than what people are discussing here. Someone in Tesco logistics probably looked at the cost of shelf space (items that do not sell are not terribly welcome in shops and this is just after Christmas -- the usual time for toys aimed at kids to be sold), cost of pulling it from the shelves, transport and further housing/rehoming and just pulled the trigger on a sale to the general public instead, if their accountants are on the ball then they can probably write off part of this as a liquidation cost and get a discount on their taxes. They, and many other supermarkets, do similar things for fruit and veg most weekends and electronics sales are not unheard of either.

I would have gone and had a look earlier today but all the big tesco stores are on the edge of town and I have far better things to spend £80 on right now. If this is the continuation of a pattern then I will no doubt be able to pick up a Wii U for peanuts at some point. Hopefully it is hacked by then. A £50 Vita though... that is a bit more tempting.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs