Tesco outlet 3DS XL FW (UK)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sciduck, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Sciduck
    OP

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    After trawling through eBay and finding most sellers don't respond or have updated their systems, I'm considering taking a risk and buying this refurbished unit from the Tesco Outlet. Anybody else bought one from here? Will Blue or silver be more likely to have 4.5 and below?

Edit: took risk and bought it, it is 4.2.0-9E

2. Sciduck
    OP

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
  3. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/16amelie16 I bought mine from him, It's silver. was brand new, his feedback shows he's sold quite a lot of 4.5 3ds XL's .. give him a message see is he will be getting anymore. You could always take the risk on the refurb and then just sell it on ebay if its not the right one.

4. Sparticus515

Sparticus515 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    I got mine from the Cash Generators online store, just found a good deal and messaged the store and they told me it was on 4.2 within the hour. £100 for a 4.2 XL in good condition can't be complained at.

5. Sciduck
    OP

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    OK, decided to take the risk and buy it. Turns out it's running 4.2!
    System was mint condition and from the tracking information looks like it was sent from a Swansea Tesco.
    The only complaint I have is no club nintendo for refurb units.
    Hope this is helpful.

tjexp and IronClouds like this.
  6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Well done. It came with 4.2.0?

7. Sciduck
    OP

Sciduck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2014
    Yes, it came with 4.2.0-9E. From doing a bit of searching on here and hotukdeals it seems Tesco are still selling low firmwares in-store and on Tesco Direct, so I decided to take a calculated risk with the refurbs.