Gaming TES VI Just got a teaser, will it come to the Switch though :P

Jackson98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty much all in the title ;) wondering what peoples opinions are on The Elder Scrolls VI and wether it will come to The Switch? Will it be able to handle the graphical demands would be my main concern.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps it comes to Switch, otherwise I will just play it on one of the other 99999 platforms it will release on.
That said, I still haven't played Skyrim more than a couple of hours, weird, I know... no hurries for me.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I would say no for any other company, but Bethesda really likes Nintendo, so for this one i think is a yes.

Still, the game may come out in like 3 years or so, lot of time to optimize it for the Switch.

Jackson98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well the switch is pretty popular right now, so my thoughts were pretty 50/50, on the one hand it would be big money for Bethesda, but it may have too much graphical demand.
I would also honestly be surprised if TES VI is 5 years away, if they are teasing it at their E3 conference(no release date) I would put it maybe 1-2 years?

Last edited by Jackson98,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But if it releases in five years (the precise release window our resident oracle @DaRk_ViVi revealed to us) they could very well start working with NVIDIA based on their Tegra X3 prototype for the upcoming Nintendo Switch 4. All will work out in the end.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
But if it releases in five years (the precise release window our resident oracle @DaRk_ViVi revealed to us) they could very well start working with NVIDIA based on their Tegra X3 prototype for the upcoming Nintendo Switch 4. All will work out in the end.

I've read in a few places about a 3-5 years for the release of TES6, I wasn't joking. :D

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say no for any other company, but Bethesda really likes Nintendo, so for this one i think is a yes.

Still, the game may come out in like 3 years or so, lot of time to optimize it for the Switch.

What makes you think they *really* like Nintendo when no big Beth game had been released on a Nintendo console prior to Switch?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
5 years is a pretty early reveal for Bethesda! They don't normally do a reveal till close to release, say a year on average from what I recall.

I imagine this will be about 18months away, with a big showing next e3 and a christmas release window, for current gen consoles.

Not for Switch though, I would imagine this will be a new/enhanced game engine, with XboxX/pro as a target which rules Switch out unfortunately.

That's just my prediction though, and not based on any factual evidence (is there any?), so time will tell.

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if it even came to PS4/XBox1 by the time they actually get it done. Todd Howard already said that Starfield takes priority over TES6 and judging from how minimalistic the teaser was for that, I'd say it's only within the first 10-20% of its own dev cycle.

Last edited by Nyteshade714,
Reactions: Pluupy

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol the teaser might aswell be a randomly generated map, im hypes tho. and i dont care for the graphics on the switch. just downscale everything and ill be fine!

hell i still think ut99 looks amazing

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it comes to Switch, otherwise I will just play it on one of the other 99999 platforms it will release on.
That said, I still haven't played Skyrim more than a couple of hours, weird, I know... no hurries for me.
just got the psvr bundaru for $229
never played it before either i hope VI does come to PSVR though

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Switch third parties are definitely slowing down soon. Don't expect much of any AAAs.
Not sure why you'd think that, it's just starting to catch up with new releases like Wolfenstein 2. Other conferences have been showing games coming to Switch too, like Tales of Vesperia.

Last edited by Xzi,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you'd think that, it's just starting to catch up with new releases like Wolfenstein 2. Other conferences have been showing games coming to Switch too, like Tales of Vesperia.
Next gen consoles are on the way, there've not been nearly as much third party announcements for Switch as there were in 2017, and the ones that have been aren't much special.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: