Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sterling + there's not much going on on 3ds /nds /wii scene so it's obvious they need to mention other stuff otherwise website would be dead. I mean take a look at news page, how many of the news posts relate nintendo consoles hacking ?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterling + there's not much going on on 3ds /nds /wii scene so it's obvious they need to mention other stuff otherwise website would be dead. I mean take a look at news page, how many of the news posts relate nintendo consoles hacking ?

Not true, there's still enough going on to talk about it, but the point is that we've been catering to quite a few demographics since 2010 or so (that was when the BMTV&M forum was added right?) I'm actually surprised that we haven't started discussing real world issues that legitimately affects the gaming industry if not more.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not nearly enough, take a look at ps3hax or wololo how much hacking and homebrew they cover in news, and how much is covered here. I still read this place and it's my go to related to any info related to console hacking however when i compare the amount of news related to console hacking or homebrew to other websites i really feel sad for nintendo scene ;/ Even more so since i believe 3ds would really be an awesome toy with some cfw and homebrew.

There's also eurasia which only covers more important hacks in various console scenes, there's not really much news out there and if i didn't know better i'd assume the website is dead.

While i don't really mind various gaming related news and such I wish there was more news about homebrew or hacking, afterall this is why most of people come here.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not nearly enough, take a look at ps3hax or wololo how much hacking and homebrew they cover in news, and how much is covered here. I still read this place and it's my go to related to any info related to console hacking however when i compare the amount of news related to console hacking or homebrew to other websites i really feel sad for nintendo scene ;/ Even more so since i believe 3ds would really be an awesome toy with some cfw and homebrew.

There's also eurasia which only covers more important hacks in various console scenes, there's not really much news out there and if i didn't know better i'd assume the website is dead.

While i don't really mind various gaming related news and such I wish there was more news about homebrew or hacking, afterall this is why most of people come here.

I'd like to see a site-wide survey to see if this is still the truth. Personally I've been coming to GBAtemp for the social aspect for the last two or three years. I can't speak for everyone else, but that's my two cents.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's something we've been actively talking about recently, actually. Sites like Wololo and eurasia are still making topics like that because it's their main overall focus. Lately for us, we've been moving in a different and more legitimate direction, and as such the topics we're talking about are changing.

Reactions: Sterling

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's something we've been actively talking about recently, actually. Sites like Wololo and eurasia are still making topics like that because it's their main overall focus. Lately for us, we've been moving in a different and more legitimate direction, and as such the topics we're talking about are changing.

I don't think we have to consider hacking and other talk as illegitimate though. But, we're getting off topic. Ryu, do you mind creating a discussion topic for us over in general gaming?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think we have to consider hacking and other talk as illegitimate though. But, we're getting off topic. Ryu, do you mind creating a discussion topic for us over in general gaming?

It depends on what you mean by creating a discussion topic. Topic about this, or one of those unique articles that I write every so often? It it's the latter, I'm afraid I'm not in a good mindset for that right now, mainly due to a family crisis that happened very recently which involved the death of a family member - essentially, it's torn me apart and I'm not in any stable mind set to be able to write without sounding overly negative and spiteful. I definitely don't want to start a topic and go railing off for whatever reason. :( For right now it's been me taking a break from my active duties as a reporter until I feel comfortable enough to actually write something again because I'm definitely struggling through this. Reviews and a news piece here and there I could definitely do because the content is objective and a summation of what I experienced, whereas a real piece just takes a lot of time and thought. Surely you see where this train is going... ;)

Anywho, I'll let this go back to a normal discussion though. No need to worry about my problems, I'll be fine on my end. :) If you guys are waiting for me to come up with something, I'll have something coming soon. :)

Reactions: Sterling

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you mean by creating a discussion topic. Topic about this, or one of those unique articles that I write every so often? It it's the latter, I'm afraid I'm not in a good mindset for that right now, mainly due to a family crisis that happened very recently which involved the death of a family member - essentially, it's torn me apart and I'm not in any stable mind set to be able to write without sounding overly negative and spiteful. I definitely don't want to start a topic and go railing off for whatever reason. :( For right now it's been me taking a break from my active duties as a reporter until I feel comfortable enough to actually write something again because I'm definitely struggling through this. Reviews and a news piece here and there I could definitely do because the content is objective and a summation of what I experienced, whereas a real piece just takes a lot of time and thought. Surely you see where this train is going... ;)

Anywho, I'll let this go back to a normal discussion though. No need to worry about my problems, I'll be fine on my end. :) If you guys are waiting for me to come up with something, I'll have something coming soon. :)

I'm sorry to hear that man, but that's not quite what I mean. I mean we could move our discussion out of this topic. Either way though, my condolences go out to you and your family. Hope you get back to higher functioning as soon as you can. Lord knows you do an outstanding job as a GBAtemp reporter.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Go atheist. all religions are evil.

High five!

Even though one is entitled to their own opinion, your opinion is surely invalid. I will not watch this video because I'm sure it's lies. No religion is evil. It's the people. Not the faith and the one you worship.

Yeah, and the Norish didn't have any religion that stated that all land was their great warground for plunder.
Neither did they have the code in their beliefs that anything they claimed through plundering was theirs (including raping women).

Seriously, before you stuff wax in your eyes and bananas in your ears look at history and you'll find many religions that told you just that.
Even Christians made war on none Christians simply because they didn't believe in the one "true" god.

If you don't want lies I suggest you stop listening to all politicians from any country and every priest from all religions, take a step back, look at all of the sides, and then draw a conclusion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's nothing wrong with religion as a concept as long as said religion propagates kinship and general "goodness". The problem is not religion, the problem is extremism. Any ideology or religion can be twisted into an evil abomination - take communism for instance. At its core, all communism tries to accomplish is even distribution of goods and equality - sounds great, doesn't it? Sure, but if you take a look at North Korea or the now-defunct U.S.S.R, the execution doesn't really match the initial goal, does it? If we were to avoid such situations, we'd have to believe in nothing, and that's just not in the human nature - a system of beliefs is what differentiates us from lower-tier animals. There's nothing wrong with Islam or Muslims - frankly, Islam is very similar to Christianity and springs for the same roots. The problem here are Islamic extremists who put themselves on the pedestal as the believers of the only true God and choose to kill non-believers - they cross the line between sensible and tolerant worship and xenophobia, making them easily controllable by people who wish to use them for political gain.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Don't be surprised if any GBATemp users become ISIS members and that's thanks to Foxi4. If any family member of those users takes action, then he's screwed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't be surprised if any GBATemp users become ISIS members and that's thanks to Foxi4. If any family member of those users takes action, then he's screwed.
Why? Because I made a post about the issue? According to your logic, nobody should've reported about the WTC terrorist attack because people might've gotten inspired to join Al-qaeda. Sweeping a problem under the carpet and pretending that it doesn't exist has never helped, not spreading awareness about a problem has never helped and not discussing an issue has never resolved it, not once in the history of mankind. I'm dumbstruck how you could even think that pretending this doesn't exist would be better than talking about it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If you want to make people aware do it the right way but don't use video games as that's just going to poison the industry even more with those assholes who blame games for their stupid actions (mudered, raped, hit and run, and more).

Everyone knows about ISIS (and some of who fund them) but still, bringing up a game (or mod, to be more accurate) about this terrorist-gov group will harm the image of video games (yeah I know there's people dying by the hands of ISIS members).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you want to make people aware do it the right way but don't use video games as that's just going to poison the industry even more with those assholes who blame games for their stupid actions (mudered, raped, hit and run, and more).

Everyone knows about ISIS (and some of who fund them) but still, bringing up a game (or mod, to be more accurate) about this terrorist-gov group will harm the image of video games (yeah I know there's people dying by the hands of ISIS members).
...which is why the gaming community should be aware of its existence and should decry it as something that should not be because attempting to recruit children into terrorists groups is disgusting and unacceptable. People blaming games for aggression is indeed a hot topic, which is precisely why we shouldn't turn our backs at issues like this. If you want people to hear that "gamers" are not a violent bunch of terrorists-in-the-making, you have to have an opinion and you have to speak up.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol