Terrorist Group ISIS Releases a Recruitment Video Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyone else get the feeling that ISIS might as well be just an elaborate front put up by our moms and other worried adults to open up that 'videogames are bad' discussion again?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are a few of you I agree with but wont click it .......anyway ....look at the source to this link ...that is all I have to say
I try to post the first link I learned about something as the source simply to be fair, but the same story is covered by several outlets if you don't like mine.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sooooo gbatemp now promotes terrorists ?

Well of course it is "gaming" news but still something like this doesn't need to be shared here in my opinion!
we have Freedom of mind but still I think those guys are just mind fucked somehow and except for normal "news" they should be ignored as much as possible to not give them any audience with the broad masses

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Um, I'm a Christian, and I have to admit that we don't really have a completely righteous past and present either. Do you know about the Spanish Inquisition (Yes, I'm expecting it), the Salem Witch Trials, the Dark Ages, and the Westboro Baptist Church?

I'm all for another guy becoming a Christian, but follow the religion that fits your ideals. Don't let a bunch of people with twisted beliefs affect yours.

I know but still with all that is going on in middle east like Muslims killing each other in the name of Allah is extremely ridiculous!
for example in Syria a Muslim is killing another Muslim because he disagrees with something the prophet did like a 1400 years ago
like wtf:ohnoes:
and then ISIS comes in the picture and shits all over the situation. now everyone see's Muslims as barbaric camel humping terrorists D:
(for the record I have never seen a camel in my life, except on TV of course)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
sooooo gbatemp now promotes terrorists? Well of course it is "gaming" news but still something like this doesn't need to be shared here in my opinion! We have Freedom of mind but still I think those guys are just mind fucked somehow and except for normal "news" they should be ignored as much as possible to not give them any audience with the broad masses
Why is everyone here so keen to put a blind eye to the problem and just "not talk about it"? We're not promoting terrorism, this is a word of warning to all those young teens who are easily influenced by this sort of thing. Stuff like this has to be talked about, you can't just hide it in the closet and hope everyone forgets about it.

Reactions: GameWinner

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
By gods, I'm laughing my ass off here XD
A video game!?!?!??
What, like Oh.. uh... Call of Duty works... why not this XD

I do not see whats so "shocking" or "disturbing" about this, after we already have these wargames where the US invades Russia or Iran or what have you that are practically propaganda for the US Army/Marines.
There's Grand Theft Auto and other games that make you do much worse things.
I hope for the sake of whoever plays this game that they're at least having some fun XD
It would do terrible for ISIS if they released a horrible to play game XD

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why is everyone here so keen to put a blind eye to the problem and just "not talk about it"? We're not promoting terrorism, this is a word of warning to all those young teens who are easily influenced by this sort of thing. Stuff like this has to be talked about, you can't just hide it in the closet and hope everyone forgets about it.

but like this you are not only "warning" them but actually showing stuff to them they might have never seen otherwise ....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but like this you are not only "warning" them but actually showing stuff to them they might have never seen otherwise ....
It was all over the news in the region and reported about by Egyptian news, as written in the OP - they would've heard about it either way.

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while i definitely don't condone either, it's not like the game 'america's army' is any better. exact same premise.

and on a side note, i'm glad this is opening the discussion of using video games as training tools for children.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is going to fail which is a good thing, most kids do know the difference between a real shooting and something you can do in GTA V or COD. Also, giving kids a real gun and asking them to shoot it usually scares them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is going to fail which is a good thing, most kids do know the difference between a real shooting and something you can do in GTA V or COD. Also, giving kids a real gun and asking them to shoot it usually scares them.
Not when their countries have been f*cked up by war or riots recently, which is exactly what happened in the middle east. Your average westerner isn't accustomed to war - an average easterner is, and seeing death on a daily basis does desensitize, not to mention that it brews strong anti-west feelings. It doesn't take much to convince a kid that doesn't know any better that he/she can make a world of good by blowing up a bus.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't say that's the problem, the problem is you expect people on GBATemp, with an average age of like 13 at best, to actually care about terrorism and stuff like this in general. This is a homebrew community, people don't come here for news about ISIS and "war", they come here for 3DS h@x0rz and general Nin10doh circle jerking. Regardless of whether this involves video games or not, it's not exactly a topic a Nin10doh community is going to jump all over.

I've no idea why you assume a majority of our members would actually care about stuff like this, hence why I also think it's strange you decided to make a front page post on this. Not to say that this isn't important, it just isn't important here.

Reactions: GameWinner

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Must be a slow week for this shit to make it. This is just some shitty edit some kid did. I didn't see a single mod to the game. Who the fuck claimed it was done by ISIS? The fact that anyone could possibly believe this shit upsets me. Just proves that our next generation is doomed.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be a slow week for this shit to make it. This is just some shitty edit some kid did. I didn't see a single mod to the game. Who the fuck claimed it was done by ISIS? The fact that anyone could possibly believe this shit upsets me. Just proves that our next generation is doomed.
Finally someone with sense

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
While ISIS is definitely a seriously dangerous group people have to remember that the governments around the world funded them, so it's thanks to them that ISIS exists.

Nevertheless, the game looks interesting and I do enjoy GTA, Max Payne or other games alike too.

Haterbait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they'll have online play with heists from day 1. Actually this could be a good thing. Perhaps potential terrorists will satisfy their bloodlust through this simulation and grow complacent. It's their first step towards joining the rest of the world on our couches consuming entertainment!

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, just so everyone knows since the story didn't say it. Daes(what we should be calling this people as it's an insult to them), they control two oil fields in iraq and who knows what kinds of weapons/armaments that they can funnel off. Plus the payments for hostages are in the millions of dollars. There's no reason that they could not do a complete overahaul of GTA4 on the pc with the kind of cash that they have. They clearly have people who know how to get people to join them. With the millions daes has, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for them to release it. It's not like it'd be terribly hard to modify gta4 to do a training mission thing.

Also by they way, you didn't include the fact that US govt. is doing the same thing with video games. The army has been releasing FPSes/training games targetted at getting teenagers/young men to join up in the ranks. the games are meant to be reallly realistic and show off the best parts of the job. So it seems like daes has heard of those programs which they're still doing since obviously it's working well for them and has decided to do their own. They're not making their own engine/game but still it's easy to modify the gta engine to allow what they've done. Plus with millions of dollars to throw around, I'm sure that they can find all sorts of programmers/artists/etc to work for them to get the thing to feel really top notch. Considering how low they're selling the oil for, they could easily raise the prices and still make off like bankers.

Edit: Also the saudia arabia government funded Daes at the behest of John McCain and Lindsey Grahm from the US because the us govt wouldn't fund them. they went to the saudi royal family's son I think it is, that was head of the military and had him and his rich buddies to fund them. So that's why we're in this mess right now is due to conservatives getting money to fund terrorists as they want more war to help prop up the military industrial contractor industry so they can get good easy jobs as a lobbyist after they retire.

Finally, about daes saudia arabia spends 20bn dollars a year on their military, so they should be able to easy defeat daes but they won't as they like sunni control. The guy was fired when it came out, but still that doesn't mean that they're not buying the oil from them. Also we in the US are selling them bonds so that way we can give them military aid so they can fight against the very forces taht they've created.

But more on topic, propaganda has always been used, it's just that daes is more up-to-date than al qaeda. But still, bin laden's brother bailed out george bush's failing oil company, and the saudi's are the seccond biggest stake holder in fox news. So we all know that propaganda is controlled and fed to us, this is how it has always been and will be forever into the future.

Also since you're giving them more PR/press you're doing exactly what they want. Terrorists want to strike fear into the hearts of the people, they want people to talk of them, so tehy can drum up more support. This being front-page news means you're giving free press for daes and thus furthering their cause. Way to support terrorists, and further their goals gba temp staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol