Homebrew Terraria port to wii?

ilyessou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello guys, so I thought why not port the 1.2.4.1 version of terraria to wii or even older to the wii because the wii can surely run it, have the source code for it and I would like to know if it is feasible, and how can I approach it/ go about it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello guys, so I thought why not port the 1.2.4.1 version of terraria to wii or even older to the wii because the wii can surely run it, have the source code for it and I would like to know if it is feasible, and how can I approach it/ go about it.
Considering it is made in C# and XNA there is pretty much nothing of the original source code that can be used. It would have to be rewritten completely from scratch in C/C++ using a library like SDL or interfacing with GX2 and other Wii specific hardware directly. Maybe you could get .NET Core running on a Wii so you could keep using C# but large parts of it would still have to be rewritten as .NET Core is missing a lot of things and XNA is obviously a no go.
Also worth nothing that the license does not actually allow you to release anything you make with it so it would be considered warez.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Deleted member 518296

Developer of MC Addons Manager
Trophies
XP
Yes it could be perfect :3
Terraria source code is very easy to get, because it .NET, with tools like DotPeek it's pretty easy.
ZXpuX2M.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended