News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
xmtt3t.png

First and foremost this project actually started in late 2008 and the last update is from february 2011. I didn't find anything about it at gbatemp.

I was reading a news regarding whether or not Square Enix will revive old classics and one of my favourite games, Terranigma, came to my mind. I google searched Terranigma 2, which led me to this site: http://www.terraearth.com/terranigma2/

A german hacker, whose name is "The King" is apparently working on an inofficial successor of this game. There is also a demo available.

Google translation of the recent update:

QUOTE said:
Hello,

lately I often get reports of the following two errors in the 0.8.1 demo:

- Aviara Antivir antivirus software complains at the most, that the setup file is virus infected. I would like to point out publicly that this is not the case. I have both the file on my computer and checked on the server on multiple computers with different software, and both are completely virus free. If someone is using Avira products and would like to try the demo, he should simply define an exception for the setup file.

- If you should die during a boss enemy, so you should save in any case! If you save, your save game is corrupt. This is due to an error in the script, which ensures that after the death of a boss at some variable values ??are assigned false. The game is still playable yet, but in certain places, it comes after the crash. The reason of the error is already known to me and I've already fixed it, so threatened by the next Demo therefore in no danger. So, after the death in a store bosses currently not! Should you have done anyway, then you can send the savegame to me, so I fix it if its already very far in the game since!

I ask these circumstances to excuse!

I would also like to say a few words about the final demo. It has indeed been a long time, no more updates, and the final Demo delayed even longer than I'd planned it. This is partly because now that I'm pretty private about upcoming graduation lot of stress. I'll continue working on this little Terranigma second But now it is better, because I've just vacation.

Another aspect is that I'm waiting for the release of the XAS ABS 4.0. The XAS is a 3rd-party battle system script, based on what my Terranigma-KS. The 4.0 version was a long time ago without specific release date has been announced. I hope it comes out soon. Without this new version of the combat system and I would like to publish the Demo not 1.0, as others here the expected long-pixel Movement comes to that.

Last and most important point is also that the demo really 1.0 as far as possible should be bug free and perfect. While I realize that when the old demos still minor bugs have taken into account, and have missed out again and bigger, I want to keep the demo actually 1.0 bug-free.

I hope I could give you a little insight into the current state of affairs.

mfg

The King

Any thoughts?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Oh I heard "Terranigma" quite a few times. I guess it was a good game.

It's nice that they are trying to bring it back.

Edit: Ooh, ARPG. Might check it out.

D

Deleted User

machomuu said:
Schlupi said:
Cool. I am expecting a C&D from Enix (well, Square Enix now) sometime before it's complete...

Besides that it's pretty awesome to see.
R.I.P. Crimson Echoes and Chrono Resurrection
frown.gif
They should've done it like the team of the Streets of Rage Remake.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
machomuu said:
Schlupi said:
Cool. I am expecting a C&D from Enix (well, Square Enix now) sometime before it's complete...

Besides that it's pretty awesome to see.
R.I.P. Crimson Echoes and Chrono Resurrection
frown.gif
They should've done it like the team of the Streets of Rage Remake.

Yeah, I agree.

Oh what? C&D? Well... OBJECTION! We are done already; and it's been released! TAKE THAT!

I guess the Terranigma 2 team either does not care, or didn't think it through very much. They should know how often SE C&Ds fan projects...

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved Terranigma times infinity!
It's a shame I never got around to finishing it... But it's definitely really awesome! For those who haven't played it. You should!

I don't think this game gets enough love tbh
frown.gif

I might need to check this Terranigma 2 out...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its best to have an unofficial sequel, SE make crap nowadays unless they hand the games over to other devs.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never heard of this series before, never played it either.

What was it about, if it's an RPG that came out around the time I was a kid I'll be pissed, because it meant I should have got and played i

I bet the opportunity to pull my tail and fling me like a hammer over a ways that Square Fail will C & freaking D this before it gets chance to sprout very far. Much like Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echos, was looking forward to that one real bad I was.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nimbus said:

What was it about, if it's an RPG that came out around the time I was a kid I'll be pissed, because it meant I should have got and played i
it pretty much is that it's a bit like zelda you play on a map of earth your job is to revive the humans and make them evolve the towns by introducing new inventions and culture into the towns and make them grow. has some great music (exsp crysta and underworld) and a good story too so go play it on snes9x GX right noa
tongue.gif

as for this fan made sequel i have my doubts about these cos these types of fan made projects

1. they usually take years to finish.
OR
2. they never get finished at all.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Its best to have an unofficial sequel, SE make crap nowadays unless they hand the games over to other devs.
I miss when the "Square" part of "Square Enix" was "Squaresoft". Oh, the masterpieces they made.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nimbus said:
The series contains 3 games, all on SNES.

- Soul Blazer
- Illusion of Gaia (Illusion of Time in Europe)
- Terranigma

Soul blazer is action adventure but more like a dungeon exploration, you have to gather enough lost souls in caves by killing enemies to rebuild the town and revive people. (I never played it very far, so I don't know the story).

Illusion of Gaia is an action adventure game, covering all ancient civilization, mythology and theology, you will visit area like Maya, Angkor Wat, Babel tower, Mu empire, Jonah/Jonas and the wale, etc.
If I recall correctly, you are looking for your lost father.

Terranigma is an action adventure game, the earth surface is dead (or not yet created), and you are living in the inner earth (Agartha myth). You first need to revive all the continent (+ an optional one: Atlantis).
Once done, you will go to the surface and help revive life (from plant, animal and human), you will explore each country's civilization you revived (africa, asia, europe etc.).

It's not a "sim city like". The description in Bladexdsl post may let you think you are managing the environment to make it evolve, but it's not. It's only an action RPG, like Secret of mana. You just follow the story and the events are triggered one by one.

I don't know how to take the terranigma2 project regarding the series story, it could be good if there are good ideas around mythology and civilizations.
Though, I don't like the "install setup" program. I prefer basic ips patch.
Is it a windows game and not an Snes patch ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb