KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3d41f86c1f85cb46ce4deb4472cccb8c_large.jpg

Terra Incognita is a retro inspired, turn based, Role playing game for Windows. If stretch goals are met Mac/Linux/Android/Ouya & WiiU.

I wasn't going to post this because of the remaining time of the goal, but at the same time, it's so close! It would be a shame if it didn't make it, so I felt a needed to try.

:arrow: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/terraincognita/terra-incognita-a-retro-inspired-rpg

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... I might toss a £ or two his way, but there's nothing about this that really shows that it's worth backing. The guy doesn't seem to have any experience, and if I'm going to sit through the entire game it looks like he'll at least need to bring on an editor - there's not really a lot wrong with his grammar but there seem to be a few nagging imperfections. I don't see any proof that he's/they're capable of making a full game, or that they even really have an idea for a world or even a plotline; those enemy sprite mock-ups look like they came out of at least three separate games. On top of that, at least some of this content would bar it from getting any sort of professional release; the 'JRPG museum' would run into all sorts of copyright issues.

tl;dr version I don't really care whether this game happens or not (although good for the devs if it does, I suppose), but I think there's more than stretch goals that'll prevent it from hitting any sort of well-known online marketplace.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... I might toss a £ or two his way, but there's nothing about this that really shows that it's worth backing. The guy doesn't seem to have any experience, and if I'm going to sit through the entire game it looks like he'll at least need to bring on an editor - there's not really a lot wrong with his grammar but there seem to be a few nagging imperfections. I don't see any proof that he's/they're capable of making a full game, or that they even really have an idea for a world or even a plotline; those enemy sprite mock-ups look like they came out of at least three separate games. On top of that, at least some of this content would bar it from getting any sort of professional release; the 'JRPG museum' would run into all sorts of copyright issues.tl;dr version I don't really care whether this game happens or not (although good for the devs if it does, I suppose), but I think there's more than stretch goals that'll prevent it from hitting any sort of well-known online marketplace.

Well, 327+ (still getting money after the kickstarter) believes in him and look, they even managed to reach the goal. Not sure if this thread did anything for that.

He is a first time dev, give him a break. Sounds like you want an AAA first game or go home. :lol:

The video was like a demo and doesn't represent the whole game. Pretty sure it was a quick built, and waited to see if he can go on.

Honestly, they look like generic spites, so they might not be any copyright there.

He has another person for porting it to systems like the Wii u, so the porter going have to deal with that or at the very least change it to something else to avoided the copyright issues.

Let's see in a 1/2 to 1 month to see his progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo