Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Gurren-hen & Lagann-hen

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Rock Raiyu, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

Finally got around to actually watching Gurren-hen and Lagann-Hen. They were pretty good, I liked the little twist at the end when

Warning: Spoilers inside!

As for the overall movies, I thought Gurren-hen was lackluster. They took out many of the scenes of the anime I liked and didn't really add anything that was all that great except for the new ending with the fight with the 4 generals and his speech saying Kamina was dead. (Or was that really in the anime? I don't think it was but I could be forgetting.) Lagann-hen on the other hand proved to be a lot better then I expected. They kept pretty much all the scenes and even added new ones. Kittan's death was as epic and courageous as ever. But the ending like I said in the spoiler is what got me. They should've done that from the get-go instead of adding it in the movie. I liked the movies and I should probably pick up that school-based manga with the TTGL cast as well...

I took a few screenshots of Gurren-hen but not Lagann-hen. I may go back and watch Lagann-hen and take some screens later.

Simon making his speech to Viral and the 4 Generals

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, that speech to the generals wasn't in the original, and I was also disappointed that the majority of Gurren-hen was re-used stuff, up until the end. There were some kickass moments, though.

I haven't watched Lagann-hen yet, I think I'll go do that now, didn't know about that one. ^^;

And because I can't post without an image...

3. Zarkz

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I love Gurren Lagann!
    I actually have my own Core Drill Necklace and have a Dai Gurren Brigade Shirt.
    Gurren-hen wasn't too great, but Lagann-hen was amazing. Simon did make that speech in the anime, but it was just to General Guam. I could post a clip on youtube if needed.

My TTGL DS Lite skin that I made, but haven't ordered
    Pics from the movie