Ten Golden Rules of videogame piracy

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Article here

This is most accurate and funny part which is totally true.
5. The R4 is for homebrew:
The R4 is a perfectly legitimate tool and nobody has ever used it to completely rip off the Nintendo DS' game library. You can use it to play (legally purchased) movies or listen to (legally purchased) music on your DS. The main draw, of course, is all the homebrew that you totally use in between playing games that you own all the carts for. In fact, if you DO have any games on your R4, they are all definitely backups of games you already own. You just can't deal with the aggravation of putting all those unwieldy carts into the DS slot so it's handy to have all the legitimately acquired software in one place.
It amazes you that anybody would want to use the R4 for piracy when there are so many other legal applications for it. You're not even tempted.

lecture.gif

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
7. Going to the store is too much effort:
Imagine the scenario -- in order to legally purchase a videogame, you first have to fight your way out of bed, your bed being a vast whirlpool that threatens to suck you into its spongy clutches for all eternity if you don't use a system of weights and pulleys to winch yourself to freedom. After that, you must navigate your way through treacherous thorned paths and Jim Henson's Labyrinth to locate the shower, which spews molten liquid at your face and disfigures you for life. After you've endured the agony of showering, your next task is to put on some clothes. The clothes are made of poison. Once that is done, it's time to ride to the game store on the back of one of the Colossi from Shadow of the Colossus, which of course is an almost impossible task.

rofl2.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
10. Never tell the truth...

That you just like having shit and are too much of a cheap fuck to pay money for it.

It's true...I AM CHEAP!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the equating of digital piracy to theft of a physical product. Never gets old.

And for me, my reason is #2. You don't even want to know what I had to do to convince my wife to let me get a Wii (which I ended up getting through one of those "Claim your free video game console!" links) - and then I would have to convince her each time I wanted to buy a game too!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I laughed with the article..

But really, I started working some months ago and now, when a game is not too expensive, I buy it!
Unfortunately, console games over here are way too expensive, a Wii/DS/PSP/360/PS3 *game costs at least 100 USD.. I wanted to help but, I don't have enough money for that.. really, fuck it!
PC games on the other hand, are cheaper and I can buy them via Steam were I pay the same price as if I lived in North America, so, these I buy. Same goes for VC and WiiWare games.

*edit

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would I need to have every game/movie/music ever released (and some that never will be)...because I could if I wanted to, that's why...it's an addiction.

I wonder how many people have all 2600+ NDS roms, and how many have played more than 1-2% of them. The same goes for any other format/system. There's a point that the obsession to collect becomes greater than the need to play/watch/listen to what you have.

BTW, he forgot to mention the fact that you had like 500 VHS tapes of your favorite movies, and then you had to replace them all with DVD's and still keep up with the new releases, so then by the time you get them all replaced, you have like 1000 DVD's, and now you have to start replacing them with Blu-Ray's, and still keep up with the new stuff coming out. Not to mention the fact that you pretty much gave away the VHS tapes, and now are giving away the DVD's you paid 5-20 bucks a piece for! (substitute games/music, it's the same thing) If I had all the money I have spent on entertainment media and equipment to play it with over the last 20 years, I could probably retire by the time I turn 40!
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.