Iggles Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Genuinely looks interesting

2. Eonarma

Eonarma Newbie
    Newcomer

Honduras
    I dont agree with the temtem having bad design, they are definitly different from pokemon but they arent bad. Some are actually pretty good and better than what pokemon has come up with in years (looking at you garbage bag and vanilla cone pokemon, I dont even know why they chose to put those junk pokemon in SwSh). Also one of the main reasons people tend to think pokemon has better monsters than other franchises is becuase we have seen them hundreds if not thousands of times over our lives, we have shows, movies, advertisement, toys etc. Infact, gen 2 was the last show I saw, after that I probably know the names of a handful new pokemon.

Only reason pokemon stands out is because they got there first, not because its better or because only nintendo can make good monster tamer games. I like pokemon games, don't get me wrong, and I've played most of them and have sunk thousands of hours in them but the last time GF added some depth to their game was in Emerald (if im not wrong) when they added IVs, Evs and natures, everything else from there have been gimmicks that dont last past a generation.

As for the temtem typing, some are intuitive some others arent.... but then again every game has a learning curve.

I do agree with the point of the game sounding like a single player game made MMO, there doesnt sound like there are enough reasons for the game an MMO. You can play sthe story campaign with a friend in co-op, but other than that and probably people not being able to generate temtem using tools like PKHEX does in pokemon games, I dont know what other activity or benefit there is to having an always-online mosnter tamer game. They need to come up with some cool PVE content to keep players bussy besides competitive battles, I do need to say that their breeding system is amazing though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Love that this is on all consoles and on pc, but would love to get it on Android aswell, so I can play my account anywhere.

Will be buying this the day it comes out, depending on the price that is.

4. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    the monsters look so bad that they almost resemble gen 7 and gen 8 pokémon

5. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, the switch tehcnicaly fills that void.
    I do carry mine pretty much everywhere.

6. Mohammed2935
    This message by Mohammed2935 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 14, 2020, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 13, 2020 Show
  7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    My gripe is less with design being "bad" (it's not really all that bad), and more like it's way too pokemon-like for its own good. One thing that can be said about successful mon games is that each one carved out its own personality - be it Shin Megami Tensei with its semi-realistic and creative demons, Digimon with its kaijus and bold edges, Yo-Kai Watch with its unique spin on Japanese mythology, etc. At least judging by what we have, TemTem doesn't have such hook - its artistic direction borrows from Pokemon to the point of feeling like a fan-made romhack, and that really goes in the way of bestiary standing out on its own.

8. Eonarma

Eonarma Newbie
    Newcomer

Honduras
    This is true, they have been very vocal about being heavily inspired by pokemon but it would've been cool to have their monsters take a more original style, like what Rivals of Aethers did with their Smash platform fighter game.

9. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As a Pokemon fan this game doesn't look interesting at all. It's just another Pokemon ripoff like the ones you see on the iOS appstore. I think I'll pass

10. Pickle_Rick

Pickle_Rick I'm a pickle Morty!

United States
    This is coming to Switch! Very hyped for this. I've been watching a few people play the alpha.

11. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    It feels way too much like Pokémon, this is not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn't good either. Where it feels different, is that it is a MMO, and that's amazing.

The game still needs work. I wish they took more time before releasing it...

Nowadays people only value the first impression, games need to be on par to those they compare to or they fail, and releasing a perfect game on the first attempt is quite impossible.

I had fun playing it and hopefully it turns out to be popular, not for the sake of Crema, but to get Game Freak some good competition

12. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    As I pointed out in my first reply, it's not even in early access yet. Release likely isn't going to be until 2021 or very late this year.

CamulaHikari likes this.
  13. Eonarma

Eonarma Newbie
    Newcomer

Honduras
    unfortunately some people will judge the game as a full release, even after reading that its an early release. I've been following this game for so long and i'm really looking forward to EA but I am afraid that the content they have wont be enough to keep other people interested until full release.

Xzi likes this.
  14. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    I suppose that's true, but anybody buying it or backing it for consoles won't have their first experience with the game until after it's out of early access.

15. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

It's like you've never heard of Spectrobe or Fossil Fighter :P

Speaking of which, the battle mechanics reminds me a lot of Fossil Fighter. Stamina with varying amount for attacks, sending multiple creatures at the same time for interaction between them and the like.

16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Surprisingly looks not bad. I'm definitely interested, but I have a feeling it will be repetitive as MMOs tend to be.

17. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Looks cool but part what makes Pokemon fun is offline mode

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  18. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    sadly i read no mac version (they always get the short end)

19. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Not too jazzed about the MMO factor - I'm an antisocial introvert with only one real friend, one that I've somehow kept ever since primary school (I'm amazed I haven't lost contact with him yet, like I did with my other primary school and high school - separate schools; none of the former went to the latter except me - friends), so I practically always play singleplayer.

Just keep an offline version, please, TemTem devs?

20. MasterBlaster13b

Newcomer

Australia
    • Pokemon needs a little change

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, preview, waiting