Follow us on Facebook!

Reactions: 2 people

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up for Temp because I wanted to tell you guys to keep up the good work! Looking forward for the next installment. :)

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Before I listen to this, which part did you cut the audio in the middle? Like, before or after my sister provided some product placement? ;)

EDIT: I just listened to about half of it and answered my own question. Hey, my mic quality isn't too bad for only 40kb/s upload speed and a mediocre microphone built into my webcam...

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright this might have been answered, but how exactly do you do this? Skype? Or is it through collaboration software/streaming? I'm just bifocal curious.

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright this might have been answered, but how exactly do you do this? Skype? Or is it through collaboration software/streaming? I'm just bifocal curious.

The last two episodes I've recorded, I've done this. I use:

1) First Computer
2) Mixer
3) XLR Microphone
3) Second Computer

On Computer 1 I run Skype and host the call. On the Skype call, everyone hears me through my built in mic, which doesn't sound that good. I take the audio from the computer(everyone in the Skype call except me) and put it into one channel on my mixer. I plug a XLR mic into the mixed in a separate channel, which is why I sound so clear compared to everyone else. The I output those two channels into my second computer, which records. One other thing we do is record in stereo to separate the audio sources, so that my voice is in the left channel and the Skype voices are in the right channel. This way, we can edit one stem specifically. We record in .wav and then use that levitator program Terminator was talking about. We then output the edited file into mono mp3 so that it is as small a file as can be.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Levelator, it balances out audio, and I export in joint stereo as opposed to mono because i think the music sounds terrible in mono. Joint stereo basically does all mono sounds in one channel, which is what keeps mono files smaller, while still adding the audio on the separate sides when it is on a specific side (i.e. when the stereo music plays).

D

Deleted-236924

My first one was CycloDS Evolution.
I wish I would have had a GBA flashcard back in the day now.
"I can watch a movie on my gameboy"

(Also, f*****k, it's 91 minutes long? Didn't know temptalk was that long

And did you know gamersection.ca has DS-X for twelve bucks?)

D

Deleted User

This episode is automatically terrible because I'm not in it. On the other hand, since I'm not in it, I might actually listen to TempTalk for once.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
This episode is automatically terrible because I'm not in it. On the other hand, since I'm not in it, I might actually listen to TempTalk for once.
We missed you terribly with all of our illegally acquired hearts :P. (Nah mine was backed up legally using an unofficial adapter...)

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First time listening to your podcast (listened to 4 and 5) , and its pretty good, while you did touch on a lot of valid reasons to not pirate media, it would have been nice if you could have included the views from people outside of Europe or USA where services like Hulu, Netflix and Spotify isn't available and finding content that isnt main streem is very difficult,here in R.S.A lots of people pirate because of this...

Except for that nitpick, good job guys!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y