Temp'n #11

temp'n_bg_3.png

Looks like our dear Tempers are getting less shy and are ready to share their projects in this new issue of Temp'n!

Without further ado, let's see what they got for us:

tMqt3x6.jpg

When he's not working on MediCat, regular Temp'ner @Jayro works on magic mirrors. Yup, you read that right. While these things might not tell you who's the fairest of them all, they can give you notifications about your calendar, the weather, news and updates for any modules installed, so hey! they could possibly tell you who's the fairest of them all... :unsure:

Above is @Jayro's progress picture; he's using using a Raspberry Pi 3 and Debian Jessie OS. He is still perfecting the software before working on the wood frame and mounting the two-way glass.

Let's wish him best of luck for his project!

I'm personally intrigued to see the final result (and if it can tell us who's the fairest of them all...). Hopefully it'll feature in a future Temp'n issue once completed!

• Step by step livestream on how to make a 3ds theme by @Trylk248
Preview.png

Preview (3).png Preview (1).png Preview (2).png
A different kind of entry for this Temp'n issue is Temper @Trylk248's announcement for a livestream this Friday 21st at around noon EST on his Twitch channel that he will later upload on his YouTube channel. He will stream a step by step guide on how to make a Switch-like theme for the 3DS! :switch:

And @Trylk248 is no stranger to 3DS themes. Indeed, he has 13 themes with over 700 downloads on 3DSThem.es which you can see in the link below.

Interested? Join in the discussion on the official GBAtemp thread and tune in on Friday for the livestream!

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Thread
:arrow: @Trylk248's Twitch Channel
:arrow: @Trylk248's YouTube Channel
:arrow: @Trylk248's 3DS themes

:discuss: @Trylk248 on Miiverse

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Out of curiosity, is there a submission process for submitting your content to Tempn', or are these picks by the contributor staff of content they found interesting? Not that I have anything really to show right now, but I'm curious on how this would work, as it isn't really mentioned anywhere on how to submit stuff to Tempn', and I believe that a lot more devs would be willing to submit their work if there was a guide to submit their content.

(also, your sig is being cut off, so if it's in there, I cannot read it. :) )

D

Deleted User

Out of curiosity, is there a submission process for submitting your content to Tempn', or are these picks by the contributor staff of content they found interesting? Not that I have anything really to show right now, but I'm curious on how this would work, as it isn't really mentioned anywhere on how to submit stuff to Tempn', and I believe that a lot more devs would be willing to submit their work if there was a guide to submit their content.

You can just DM them the information on it :3

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
i want more gbatempers stuff!
You and me both!

@Ev1l0rd yeah, there's been an issue with my siggy. Needs to get it fixed... But anything will do really, as long as it is your work or a work you're part of and want it to get more attention or just want others to see. Just PM me the details, pics are appreciated as well! Take a look at other entries in previous issues to have an idea.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm documenting the wood assembly process currently, but when it's complete, I'll show off my Gameboy Color XL (Raspberry Pi 3 project). It's a large-scale Gameboy Color that I'll be wearing chest-mounted for a convention.

I can, however... Show you all the working prototype I built from foam board and hot glue:

20170618_031610-768x1024.jpg

20170618_031452-768x1024.jpg

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP

There, fixed it! (for good, I hope...)

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome back Tempers ! I am Trylk, call me Seb if you want, it's my nickname after all. So as many of you have seen, I am going to make a livestream tomorrow on Twitch! I am preparing for the stream, I just got to authorizations for using a music for the very featured theme!

Thanks to @Paulygon on YouTube for his kindness!

Also, I want to say that Livestreaming and videomaking is a complete stranger world for me. Hope you guys can help rise and I will probably make some smile growing on your faces!

Y'all better be ready! Hehe!

Reactions: Prans

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The stream is finished! Hope you guys enjoyed it! For my own, I didn't expected it would take that long!

I won't upload this on YouTube today because I'm very tired and this will ask me again two more hours and I have to go buy a Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller.

Last edited by Trylk248,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi temps,

there is nothing much to say about my arcade stick raspberry project.
I integrated a rpi3 in the first stick and built a 2nd passive version with only the joystick controller. The housing is made of aluminium. Via USB its possible to add the 2nd player. The first stick has a usb switch to chose between the internal connection or external joystick mode. So its possible to use both sticks with the integrated retropie pie, but also with PC aso. The buttons on both sides are dedicated for pinball games. My retropie image is customized, with a special bootscreen, in menu music (8bit Giana Sisters), meta data of all games and only shumps, pinballs and fighting games are flashed. I can access the 64GB microSD from the backside (the port behind that round black rubber) or wifi. I also have the option to change between analogue and digi mode, with a small button. The audio and video output is via HDMI Everything is very robust, which was my main intension. All components for those two sticks cost me about 100€. Here some pics:
IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2904.JPG IMG_2905.JPG IMG_2906.JPG IMG_2907.JPG

Last edited by ciaomao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.