Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TwinRetro, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico007

Rico007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    I am happy to be alive. A few weeks ago I got stuck in a blizzard while on the highway, crashed my car, ended up deep inside a ditch, and my car turned off. I spent nearly six hours without any source of heat inside my cold car, which was fully covered and right when I thought all was lost... I got saved. I am happy to be alive.

2. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    I'd actually have to say my sister's 21st party. It was nice to see both parents at the party and not argue and fight, just remain peaceful.

3. JohnEdwardRamsey

JohnEdwardRamsey Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2012
    To be honest. My greatest memory of this year. Was adopting my daughter. Finding her in my life and realizing what it was like to truly be happy and have a family.

4. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    My favorite memory this year was the span of time between graduating "college" (let's be honest, it was a shit trade-school) and getting a job. It wasn't too eventful, but the lack of responsibility was amazing. Really took those months for granted, though receiving payment is a nice trade-off.

5. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    i am happy to just be here
    and be able to do the things i like to do

6. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Buying these:
    [​IMG]

Then I realized I have not really played any video game this year except for The Walking Dead (which I just got a few days ago from the Steam Sale).
    I now have a huge backlog of games.
    Shit.

(Actually, the happiest time of the year for me is pretty cliché. It's during the holidays since I get to chill out with my whole family and the fiancée, going back and forth to SG, the Philippines and Hong Kong, and not being at work.

For a GBAtemp related happy memory: When GBAtemp got hacked.

When I heard the news, it made me hop on to IRC and got to chat with some old GBAtemp friends. Also made me unlurk. FUN.)

7. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    My happiest moment of the year was when I found out that I am becoming an uncle, it was 3 months later from my sister's wedding, I just couldn't stop crying in joy! I didn't want anything more, all I wanted was a cute, and a nice, baby coming to my life. I sold a bunch of my games just for my sister, my brother in-law and my nephew/niece.

8. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 I like Pokémon

Aug 26, 2009
    Costa Rica
    The first day of the year, when i knew that there was a good year ahead.

9. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    My best memory of this year is probably from August. I went down to London with my friends for a weekend. Met up with a bunch of cool people I knew from Twitter and just generally had a laugh. Also I got to see Mr Weebl live which was pretty damned awesome.

10. evilwaffles

evilwaffles Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Paying off my student loans made me happy this year. :rofl:

11. deshayzilla

deshayzilla GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    My happiest moment was probably the Widescreen Hack being added to DIOS-MIOS. The best achievement in homebrew since the mother 3 English patch.

12. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Happiest memory of this year... wow that's a tough one. I would have to say this Christmas, I really didn't get a bunch of stuff but I spent the whole day with my brother, my wife and her family. I really enjoyed myself.

13. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Anti Switch Owners

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Posting in this thread knowing I am bound to win a wii U deluxe baby! :gun:

Siam wire wrapped oval cock ring! :tpi:

14. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

GBAtemp Patron
    jurassicplayer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    My happiest moment was yesterday when I got to go ice skating with some friends, because really I don't have a life outside :D.

15. buyme56
    This message by buyme56 has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Dec 30, 2012.
    Dec 30, 2012
  16. buyme56
    This message by buyme56 has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Dec 30, 2012.
    Dec 30, 2012
  17. tisdadd

tisdadd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2008
    United States
    I would have to say spending a week at one of my close friends houses, and still working on my software projects while hanging out. I was able to see more of where they grew up, get to know their family better, and even see his childhood church. :)

All in all one of the most relaxing weeks I had, as a very easy going family and at the time wasn't pushing deadline on my product. :D

18. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    My greatest memory of this holiday season was being able to spend christmas with my family. Even my grandparents came to visit us from mexico! What's the best part is that we spent our time playing the wii laughing, taking turns, and competing to see who will open their presents first. Of course, as the tradition of every year continues, i was last to open mine haha. I'm really glad we all got together though since this christmas was filled with joy, competition, and great food, and a surprise visit!

19. Mr.Blackmage

Mr.Blackmage Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2012
    United States
    Playing Persona 4. The story and environment tied me in so much and the comedic dialog made me laugh constantly.

20. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    My happiest moment was an a predicted I would win a Wii U in a gbatemp contest... :P Now seriously!

My happiest moment this year was when I got a high grade for my TOEFL test. (It's a test that verify your skills in English, so you can subscribe to work/study abroad)
    I scored 102/120. By the way, I want to thanks all the tempers for helping me with communicating in English both directly and indirectly.

21. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    My happiest memory this year is when I brought home my Wii U deluxe console. My next happiest memory will be winning a Wii U Deluxe console from this post. :yay: Other than that I have no happiness to report.

22. James Bond117

James Bond117 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2012
    United States
    Out of all of the things that have occurred this year, the best memory I had was when I finally able to go to Six Flags Great Adventure with my family. It was a blast! I went on King da ka 4 times, and which was great! But the fact that I was even able to go was amazing in its own way because we hardly go as it is, and going with my family made it even better! I definitely will not forget about this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.