Tempers Share Your Recipes

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh yes, Spaghetti Carbonara is excellent. Not expensive, simple and fast. I can't remember how many kilograms we ate when we were students!
A variant I found delicious too is "Pâtes au roquefort" :

- Cook some pasta "al dente".
- Heat about 100 grammes of roquefort (french cheese) and 20 cl of thick fresh cream.
- Put the pasta and the sauce in a saucepan for 1/2 minutes (thyme and garlic is bonus).
- Add some grated cheese ("emmental").
- Bon appétit bien sûr!

The hardest part is to find the ingredients of course.

But, one of the greatest recipe in the world is Daube or boeuf bourguignon or even a civet.

I won't write a recipe here cause you have to be really passionate and very patient to do it.
In brief, it's beef (or game) cooked in wine for at least 3 hours previously in marinade for 12 hours with carrots etc...
You can put a bit of chocolate in the sauce for less bitterness and a shiny aspect but it's a secret...

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An actual recipe I read on the net one day, and I've been cooking it regularly ever since, everyone who tries it just loves it.
Based on the ingredients that it requires, I don't know if people will be able to cook that in America.

Spaghetti Carbonara (for 2)

Part 1: common carbonara recipe
- cook spaghetti (you know how to cook noodles right?)
- fry some lardons, after which keep the lardons in the frying pan but make sure to remove as much oil from it as possible
- in a separate dish, break 2 eggs and keep the egg yolk only (dispose of the rest as it's not needed)
- throw in something like 30 grams of grated parmesan cheese into the dish
- pour about 10 to 20cl worth of "fresh cream" (whipping cream?) and start mixing
- add spices like pepper, salt, add some french mustard too if you have that

Part 2: now this is the part where it gets different from the usual carbonara...
- put the spaghetti in the frying pan together with the lardons
- pour the cream/egg/cheese mix into it and cook it up for a while
- you can also add some regular grated cheese like mozarella, cheddar...

When you're done, it looks like shit, but fuck it's delicious.
Best noodle recipe that I make. I cook a lot!
This sounds awesome. I cook a lot, and I've never made Carbonara. Most American recipes call for either bacon, pancetta or salt pork in place of the lardons. I was gonna convert the grams and cls to US measurements, but I'll probably just wing it.

Btw, when you said, "keep the lardons in the frying pan but make sure to remove as much oil from it as possible," I read, "keep the bacon pieces in the frying pan but make sure to add enough fresh sliced mushrooms to suck up all the bacon fat and sautee." ;)

Reactions: Costello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1