Tempers halloween challenge

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by TLSS_N, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011

Tempers halloween challenge by TLSS_N at 6:58 AM (752 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. TLSS_N
    OP

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    So, I was sitting on the couch last night thinking about how Halloween was coming up. I was also thinking about what it was supposed to represent as a whole, not the candy but for those who have passed on. When I started thinking, I came up with this brilliant crazy idea. Why not set a list of questions for tempers to ask on a ouija board and compare results? I had originally jumped to irc to suggest the idea, but almost no one was on and I had stuff to do still. And so, without further hesitation, I have provided a list of 5 questions for everyone to ask if they so choose to participate! Some questions will obviously have different answers while others may have a similar answer.
    list of questions
    I will probably get flamed for this post, but I thought in the spirit of halloween, why not give it a shot and see what we can come up with as a community!
    If you have any more question you think I should add, just send me a pm and I will edit the post. Once we have the answers to the final list of questions, add a reply with a spoiler tag so that we know what post will be actively participating.
    p.s. It is strongly recommended that when using an ouija board, to always have at the very minimum of two active participants. You don't want to brick your one and only soul, now do you?

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    That would be cool if Ouija boards actually worked. Alas, any communication with the spirits of the dead remains impossible.

3. TLSS_N
    OP

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    See, that's the thing. I've used it by myself once before, and talked to my now deceased great grandmother. I'm not going to get into details, but I will say this. I asked about my great grandfather and how much time he had left with us. She said that 6 is an important number to him. That june, he died from cancer... I know it sounds like a stretch, but it really did happen. But I'm just some guy on the internet, so it's not like I can make anyone do this. I just thought it would be of interest to compare results.

4. Sheimi

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    Interesting. Might do this tomorrow and I will let you know.

5. Gahars

United States
    I don't mean to devalue your experience, but it's all in the subconscious; we want to believe we are communicating with our loved ones so badly that we fool ourselves. As for the your particular case, it is a lot like how cold reading works. You can get a lot of vague and general statements come from the experience, most of which will never amount to anything and are forgotten. However, the ones that pan out in any fashion are the ones we hold on to as paranormal experiences.

Penn and Teller did a segment on this in their show Penn and Teller Bullshit! (and Cracked linked it in a recent article). The whole episode deals with the subject, but this part highlights what I've been talking about. (Starts about 1:02)

[yt]JA5uYhXpa-E[/yt]

Ultimately, you are just putting your faith in what amounts to self deception. It's best to just focus on the good times your great grandmother, and great grandfather, had in life instead.

6. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    I did it.
    Answers

7. Gahars

United States
    Wow, that sounds...

[yt]EubgxN5ntYg[/yt]

Good job treating the subject with the weight it surely deserves.

8. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    Or did the board ACTUALY give me those answers~??? :unsure:

:P

9. Gahars

United States
    Hm. That certainly doesn't seem to bode well for your subconscious, then.

10. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    Just cause my subconscious wants to see Osama and Jesus being bro's doesnt mean Im weird.
    B-)

11. Gahars

United States
    Well, "weird" isn't the word I would use, but otherwise... yes.