Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is cute and all but I need a Linuxy person to help me out here. Do you really use == to assign variables?????

Coming from a C++ background it just looks

god it gives me great pain

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is cute and all but I need a Linuxy person to help me out here. Do you really use == to assign variables?????

Coming from a C++ background it just looks

god it gives me great pain
It's pseudo script, to be fair. :P But you are right - slight oversight, if this was C she would error out! :O In BASH "==" is an equality operator, functions the same as the POSIX "=" AFAIK.

EDIT: Not that it matters as she's writing plain text into a file, so the exact formatting depends on how she parses it later, as pointed out below. ;)

Last edited by Foxi4,

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting setup. GPS software to get her location, writing plain text to a database file, possibly a sqlite database file, then changing user name using an unknown command, then finally making an administrative command to save the registration information changes.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Interesting setup. GPS software to get her location, writing plain text to a database file, possibly a sqlite database file, then changing user name using an unknown command, then finally making an administrative command to save the registration information changes.
Someone knows what's up! :D Funnily enough, "chfn" is actually fairly common in Linux, it's used to do just that - change personal details of the account holder, in distributions that store such information. You're on the right track too when it comes to the other operations, but there's more to it, for anyone keen on following the thread all the way to the ball of yarn. ;)

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone knows what's up! :D Funnily enough, "chfn" is actually fairly common in Linux, it's used to do just that - change personal details of the account holder, in distributions that store such information. You're on the right track too when it comes to the other operations, but there's more to it, for anyone keen on following the thread all the way to the ball of yarn. ;)
Like using Blue hair and Red Head for the posters in the 3rd panel? Playing an NES in the final panel on an old CRT TV with rabbit ears, while there's a poison mushroom in the right edge of the panel? The statement about sucking eggs is also an old one I've heard before, meaning "don't tell me what I know how to do". Or how about the Chinese symbols in panel 4 that reminds me heavily of Mega Tokyo?

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Like using Blue hair and Red Head for the posters in the 3rd panel? Playing an NES in the final panel on an old CRT TV with rabbit ears, while there's a poison mushroom in the right edge of the panel? The statement about sucking eggs is also an old one I've heard before, meaning "don't tell me what I know how to do". Or how about the Chinese symbols in panel 4 that reminds me heavily of Mega Tokyo?
No spoilers, you'll know it when you find it, let the others have fun too. :P

D

Deleted User

I can't see the image. Tried multiple browsers

Edit: can see it on the front page but not in the thread. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Valery0p

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the purpose in building a story at the same time as a comedy comic strip, but keep in mind Garfield still made every 3 new panels have a punch line, including when Odie was introduced and shit

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't see the image. Tried multiple browsers

Edit: can see it on the front page but not in the thread. Anyone else have this issue?
That's very, very odd. The comic is most definitely up, perhaps you could try clearing your cache, or failing that, you can follow a direct link here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1