Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Whynotboth.mpg

I like owning original consoles, but the convenience of having all the games ever in one place is simply too good to pass up vs the original experience IMO.

Though that said, I'll occasionally setup one of my consoles and give some game or another a good playthrough "au naturel", as they say, for old times sake.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This reminds me I should hack my Vita already... and my Switch.

I mean I have always been a fan of portable gaming since the past century when I got a brick gameboy with Tetris... but nothing beats the experience of playing on the original hardware, unless it really sucked.

I used an Atari a few times, I don't miss it, the Nes practically made me forget the thing since it was so much better.

And while I love my Dreamcast, the Gamecube was faster.

Heck I played Sonic Adventure so much I could beat some boss fights just using the Dreamcast loading sounds. But in the Gamecube? So much better!

Last edited by raxadian,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is that these tempy kids are squatting in that flop house and got their entertainment equipment from a salvation army. Or they just go out robbing people and bringing the loot back.

Edit: quick second thought is that they are in some isolated center for mutants who are big into pirating old video games

Last edited by TheZander,
Reactions: Deleted User

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Emulation is a nice addition. Sometimes it is more convenient. But nothing beats the feeling the old consoles give used on a CRT. For me there is no

“A whole lot of old cartridges and consoles – OR – emulation on modern devices.”
but
“A whole lot of old cartridges and consoles – AND – emulation on modern devices.”​

Some NES games are extremely punishing which makes it hard to resist the save state functions. I made the rule for myself: “Beating a game only counts when done on original hardware.

I can relate to both sides in this comic.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c