Not open for further replies.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
by: http://teaminsanity.wordpress.com/
We got on this server to find no admins or mods on. The whole world was unprotected so we decided to do some griefing eventually we went crazy. The entire place was destroyed. Pictures galore.
They uploaded mroe picture on their website.
D; this is horrible
they need to rollback
20111018175648.png

20111018175753.png

20111018175800.png

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What can I say? Jdbye is a terrible administrator.

I don't particularly much for these griefing teams; because they try to sound impressive when in reality all they are is a bunch of bored teens with nothing better to do. So instead of being constructive, they destroy other people's stuff. Don't pay it too much mind, they wasted their time. (I did end up chasing the main guy away, I have IPs and logs to send to their ISPs, shame nothing will come of any of this).

Though I wouldn't count on a restore/rollback, Jdbye will probably just create a new world regardless of how many people have built in this one.

EDIT: I don't know where the unprotected thing came from, TempCraft has several protection plugins installed. However the lack of active staff is an issue.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think these people were rather nice :) . They supplied us with infinite crafting boxes :) . They gave us infinite amount of water and lava :) . And the houses are much nicer looking with the holes in them :biggrin: . The spawn covered in lava was pretty mean though. :( These guys were artists at worst!
Signed,
Tigerlord203 2nd in command of Team Insanity!

P.s. I didnt do much griefing I was the cameraman :lol:

What can I say? Jdbye is a terrible administrator.

I don't particularly much for these griefing teams; because they try to sound impressive when in reality all they are is a bunch of bored teens with nothing better to do. So instead of being constructive, they destroy other people's stuff.
You are absolutely correct. That is exactly who we are.

Don't care if you were the group's waterboy.
See ya! :yay:

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and this is many of the reasons why tempcraft is horrible now
tbh, I think a new tempcraft should be started from scratch(not including jdbye)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
is the why you have bukkit and other bukkit plugins (and ever others mods/plugins)

with the right mods/plugins (and a administrator the knows what they are doing)

Griefing can be fixed, easily

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd imagine the reason the world was unprotected was due to bad admin. The update to 1.8 probably broke them all and he never kept on top of updating any of them.
As for the group... ugh... really? This is what you do? Really?

As to starting a new Tempcraft: I absolutely agree. I've gone into the Tempcraft server a couple of times. Its just overwhelming for a newcomer. THe place is filled with stuff around the spawn so finding a good place to collect resources can take a while. I prefer small servers because they never feel as crowded also they tend to run a more vanilla Minecraft which is what I prefer. Just some admin mods mainly.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could help out with the new tempcraft, but every time I log in, I fall through the map and into empty space because my connection is too slow and the map has yet to finish loading. If my internet was faster, I would play and help out. I used to be able to come onto classic all the time.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
and this is many of the reasons why tempcraft is horrible now
tbh, I think a new tempcraft should be started from scratch(not including jdbye)
It's funny because some of the older members (who don't play anymore, including myself) and some of the staff feel the exact same way. TempCraft isn't worth the association with this site, and hasn't been for many months now. We're working on something, and while it won't directly be GBAtemp affiliated; members will be more than welcome (in fact, most of my "team" are active tempers anyway).
is the why you have bukkit and other bukkit plugins (and ever others mods/plugins)

with the right mods/plugins (and a administrator the knows what they are doing)

Griefing can be fixed, easily
Bukkit is installed, "we" have said plugins installed. I've been reliably informed that Jdbye actually REMOVED the protection around some of the more active areas (i.e. the town at spawn), and as such they have been damaged beyond repair. The sad thing is? He "would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those darn kids".
I'd imagine the reason the world was unprotected was due to bad admin. The update to 1.8 probably broke them all and he never kept on top of updating any of them.
As for the group... ugh... really? This is what you do? Really?

As to starting a new Tempcraft: I absolutely agree. I've gone into the Tempcraft server a couple of times. Its just overwhelming for a newcomer. THe place is filled with stuff around the spawn so finding a good place to collect resources can take a while. I prefer small servers because they never feel as crowded also they tend to run a more vanilla Minecraft which is what I prefer. Just some admin mods mainly.
See above, I'm all for starting up a new server; the main problem is resources. At present we have benbop paying all the fees for our tiny/weak server, which definitely will not scale up to the amount of players who are interested in it. That and a small problem with an essential plugin are the only reasons that it isn't up yet.
and note to self: having a successful Minecraft server and then handing it over to someone notorious for being bad with power is probably a bad thing. The last griefing attack we had was over a year ago, and we managed to negate it while it was still in progress. This was just an utter shambles in comparison, the group responsible were much smaller and obviously were less experienced with what they were doing than the previous one, and yet their damage will probably be permanent.
(Oh, they did have a nice sense of humor at least. Better than the walls of insults that a few petty "raids" involved. I actually laughed at several points in the logs).
I wish I could help out with the new tempcraft, but every time I log in, I fall through the map and into empty space because my connection is too slow and the map has yet to finish loading. If my internet was faster, I would play and help out. I used to be able to come onto classic all the time.
You're not the only one to find the server unplayable. And those who were lucky enough to successfully finish a project, have now been set back :D

EDIT:
Just to highlight my point, this is Jdbye's first activity today. It not only proves he has been around for a few hours (because the removed url is a personal project to waste server resources he has been working on) but that he also doesn't care. Bad admin? you decide.
Code:
[12:28:43]  fucking awesome
[12:28:50]  *removed*
[12:28:54]  everything works perfectly
[12:36:47]  13:37
Mods might as well lock this topic, it was inevitable and it really isn't worth fussing over. TempCraft has been going downhill for months, and this might finally be the signal for the end of it's life. We're not going to be getting the rights to TempCraft back anytime soon, so a "new" TempCraft is impossible. (see above, a few of us are working on a new server with a new name).

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why you never hand the rights over to someone. Always license it over to them, so that if they screw up or do something you don't approve of, you can take it away from them without a moments notice. And as for my log in problem, this was going on from the start, when I first bought the game. It was my own connection that was at fault, not the recent griefing. :D

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's why you never hand the rights over to someone. Always license it over to them, so that if they screw up or do something you don't approve of, you can take it away from them without a moments notice. And as for my log in problem, this was going on from the start, when I first bought the game. It was my own connection that was at fault, not the recent griefing. :D
I didn't have a choice in the matter, and I hadn't considered the option of licensing it (though I've recently seen another server in a similar bad-admin situation take their stuff back via a license). It was stupid; I couldn't afford the serer lease and I was desperate not to see TempCraft die, but it looks like I just prolonged the inevitable.
Oh, and I was referring to the heavy wastage of resources for pointless things (Seedbox, Virtual Machines to proxy American TV for his personal usage). All things which reduce the already limited performance.

Ah well, maybe something good will come of this.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still won't lock this yet, but in my humble opinion, the name TempCraft has to go.

There is nothing that warrants any association of it with the 'temp anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And why wasn't the server protected?

Geez, that's like the first thing you worry about guys, haven't you brushed up on your IT stuffs!?

Oh god....that made me lol.

No offense, but whoever was in charge of the server at the time, yeah...needs more adminy stuff.

I don't play Minecraft btw, but it would be nice for those that did if we guarded it a bit more. Granted, this could have been happening to any server so my statements here may become a tad moot over the next few replies.

I do agree with this much, we need to make a new Tempcraft server, make sure it's protected by someone else who is more vigilant. In addition, we should start with a vanilla server and build up on it until it's more or less like the old temp, just not as complicated.

Like GBATemp V3, but for minecraft.

Also Antiology, can you PM the logs just for shiz and gigz, I wanna humor myself today. It's my last day before my online classes start and I'd like some entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1