Tempcast Live #13

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Minox, Feb 20, 2010.

Feb 20, 2010

Tempcast Live #13 by Minox at 10:06 PM (3,244 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Minox
    OP

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    [​IMG] Tempcast Live #13
    Spikey Deluxe
    [​IMG]

Tonight at 11:30PM GMT, there will be yet another live episode of Tempcast - the official GBAtemp podcast

With Tempcast Live we try our best to include the members of GBAtemp and we do that by answering their questions in the #tempcast channel on the gbatemp IRC channel. If you don't know how to get on IRC then go here. For the sake of keeping things less clattered and also for our members, the #tempcast channel will be moderated so anyone spamming or misbehaving will be banned.

[​IMG] Live Stream
    [​IMG] Vote here for your favorite mini-contest review!
    [​IMG] Time
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    [​IMG]

I'm trying to get IRC working on my PSP now, I hope I can make it in time [​IMG]

3. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Only four people submitted reviews(arguably), unfortunately... A bit sad considering I was looking forward to receiving a lot. The point of this was to get some community involvement to just mention some of their favorite games. It would give some other added benefit to listening to the Tempcast because they might have learned about a game that sounded interesting to them so that they might go and try it out. Ah well, what's done is done...

Just because this mini-contest is over, don't let that deter you from entering segments in the future! Unlike the contest, a segment at any other time is allotted up to 10 minutes in length. However, know that depending on what else we receive, it will either be the only segment, or one of a few in an episode. So please, still continue to send any segments, on any topic you wish, to us for use in future Tempcasts!

And as far as today's episode goes, it should be VVoltz and I and, possibly Hadrian depending on how things go. Other than running the reviews, we'll probably cover a documentary on video game violence that was posted about on the Tempcast's Facebook and Twitter pages. Of course we may also ramble off topic and mention other things as well!

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Sorry i couldn't make it tonight. The Mother-In-Law is here, and we've been busy (along with WildToo dropping out w/in the next couple of weeks).

Hopefully i'll be able to join w/in the next few episodes [​IMG]

5. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I missed the live broadcast...is there anyway I could listen to it or at least find out if my review submition was played

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Thanks for listening, the poll for the contest is here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=209781
    Start voting nao!

Yup, Spikey will post the link the the recorded USTREAM shortly. Great review BTW, thanks for participating.

7. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    welcome...i wish i could have done a 90 second one...but i had to go all the way to the library, extract the audio from the video, and send it. By time i found out everything was extending the library was close and the deadline was 5:30am my time....

8. Spikey

United States
    I've updated the RSS, so the changes should reflect on iTunes at some point. And here's a link to the version on uStream.

9. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I will submit some reviews for the next 'cast, be ready.

10. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Aww I didn't realise this was on last night. I was in front of my PC at the time as well [​IMG]

11. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Martin and Mthr confirmed for the next 'cast? [​IMG]

Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I was going to be on this one but I forgot.

Hadrianism's will be saved for another time.

13. Spikey

United States
    If you guys are around in time before the episode starts, of course!

I'm also looking into possibly having the Tempcast be biweekly at some point soon. We require more podcast crew in that event though, so that no one is entirely bogged down because of how often it would be. I believe in this event we could also more likely meet the target length of the 45 minute mark. Maybe one day...

Anyways, I didn't specifically say it anywhere yet, but the last episode is on iTunes now, so for those who prefer that method, look for it there.

I'd also like to remind everyone to vote on the reviews. If you haven't listened to the Tempcast, there's no need as links are provided for all 3 reviews. Should take no more than around 5-10 minutes of your time(depending on download speeds. Segments are around 3 minutes and 30 seconds total). Catch you guys later!

PS: Before I forget, remember that segments and emails are always welcome, so send those off to tempcast{at}gbatemp{dot}net!! [​IMG]

14. Minox
    OP

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Not entirely sure, but I think I may be available for the next tempcast [​IMG]

15. DsHacker14

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ubercast.. why did it have to die [​IMG]