Tempcast Live! 001

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tcl250.png

We are finally ready to get started on the third show of the new Tempcast line, Tempcast Live!. You may have heard the other Tempcast shows which consist of losers like myself talking about boring things for a hour, but this show is one that you, yes you help make! I will be on a skype line(tempcastlive), in #tempcastlive, and broadcasting that call on uStream, so that you can listen to the show live and participate. You can call in with anything! Maybe you've played a wonderful game you want to talk about, maybe you've bought something exciting, or maybe you've read a fine piece of literature, call and let the internet know!

This is sort of an experiment, because if it is an epic fail I probably will never do it again. Which it probably will be, so come and be a part of it!

We will be broadcasting Sunday, October 9 2011 at 2PM EST and it will last for two hours. Click on the link for your local time. Mark your calender with a reminder!

PLEASE COME! Even if five people show up it will be worth it. I've been really excited to do this show, but it won't work if people think I'm lame!

Just some rules though:

1) Test your audio before you come on. If it does not work, or there is an echo, you will be dropped right away. You will have one more chance after that to fix it, and if it still doesn't work, you won't be back on that episode.
2) I'll have some topics to talk about on that show, and you can call in with anything you want, but do try to have a reason to call in. If you don't talk, we'll drop you because you're lame.
3) I'll explain this on the show, but the process to get on is adding me as a contact on skype, and messaging me when you want to be on. I'll add people in sequential order, first come first serve. DON'T CALL ME RIGHT AWAY! I won't pick up.
4) The live stream will be unedited, but the downloadable show will be, so trolling won't be super effective.
5) Even if you don't speak English well, you should come on! We let iFish on, you can't be much worse!

Reactions: 2 people

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, I've got some bad luck, it gets recorded Monday 5am to 7am and considering I've got school, I won't be up that late nor up that early...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
Damn, I've got some bad luck, it gets recorded Monday 5am to 7am and considering I've got school, I won't be up that late nor up that early...
We tried to take into consideration all of the time zones, but australia and asia are too far away, sorry
sad.gif

And I like how confident the OP sounds.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MR_COW, just a suggestion. Why don't you use the #tempcSt IRC? I can give you OP if you want.

Also, nice message. :3

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the time guys! Realize that it is really hard to find a best time for everyone in the world (well, impossible in fact
smile.gif
), this one includes the majority of the site though (America and Western Europe).

Valwin said:
how do you make it live ?

I'll explain live maybe. Hey, you can even call and ask
smile.gif
! In involves two computers, one being for the Skype call, and one being just for broadcasting and recording.

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Can I tastefully take the piss out of people?

And will there be nudity?

Yes, you better before someone else does it to you.

Yes, but it is audio only so that kinds removes some fun.

QUOTE(prowler_ @ Oct 5 2011, 09:25 AM) Can I call in talking about Square Enix and argue with everyone? It's what I do best.

Of course! Only if you call in arguing how they should make more stellar games like Mario Basketball though.

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to go with no for Spikey, and Hadrian or any prior hosts can be on anytime they want. You should PM him yourself if that's something you'd enjoy. Spam his inbox, it's how I get things done.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice idea! Can we type our questions / comments to you for you to read them out? Some people don't have microphones (like me) and others just don't want to talk (I know some people wouldn't).

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic124 said:
Are you guys gonna upload the MP3 of tempcast live after the show is done?

Yes! It will be released as normal, with a mp3 download, and a show on the podcast feed in iTunes.

QUOTE(Wizerzak @ Oct 5 2011, 01:25 PM) Nice idea! Can we type our questions / comments to you for you to read them out? Some people don't have microphones (like me) and others just don't want to talk (I know some people wouldn't).

Yes! We'll be in the #tempcastlive IRC channel on the GBAtemp server and also ustream has a chat.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to this. This will probably be the first Tempcast recording I'll actually be able to join in to. There were a few things I wanted to mention that you guys didn't cover on the few past TempTalks, so this seems like a fun time to do that. I'll be sure to tune in as much as I can
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: