Tempcast #5: NVIDIA Buys ARM, Mario 3D All-Stars Leaked ROM, Direct and PS5 Showcase Reactions

podcast_art_banner_smol-png.222446

In this week's episode, we discuss the recent acquisition of ARM by NVIDIA, and what it means for the Switch and it's possible upcoming revisions. Speaking of Nintendo, we also discuss the leaked Mario 3D All-Stars ROM and some interesting facts that came up after datamining, as well as reactions to the September Direct Partner Showcase. Along with that, we also give our general thoughts to the recent PS5 event, voicing our opinions about the price of the PS5 and its first-party titles.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast

Last edited by AlanJohn,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The leaks are mostly an inside job from people who work in game chain stores, like GameStop's employee, who get games delivered days before street day.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Didn't know GBA temp had a YouTube channel, you should ask everyone to subscribe
I like to think the plug I jokingly made at the end of this week's podcast was sufficient to get us at least several thousand new subscribers.

Thanks for watching, guys!

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
suprised y'all didnt talk about the cross gen ps4 games

Cross-gen launch titles have been a thing going back to at least the PS2/PS3 era. There’s a conversation to be had there, but the show was going long and this isn’t exactly a new phenomenon so it didn’t seem worth bringing up

Reactions: HideoKojima

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My stepdad works at Nvidia Labs as an engineer for power supplies. I see him once a month, so I'll ask him next Sunday what he thinks about them buying ARM. I think it was a great investment, we'll finally see nvidia graphics mainstreamed for high-end phones.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Is this podcast available as a stand alone mp3 somewhere?
No. However, we offer our podcast on all major podcast platforms, most of which (i.e Google Podcasts) allow you to download on offline copy.

If you really need it, pm me and I can hook you up with an .mp3.

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
No. However, we offer our podcast on all major podcast platforms, most of which (i.e Google Podcasts) allow you to download on offline copy.

If you really need it, pm me and I can hook you up with an .mp3.

Okay thanks for answering.

Is there no demand for an old school mp3 or is it a bandwidth issue?

Reactions: relauby

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Okay thanks for answering.

Is there no demand for an old school mp3 or is it a bandwidth issue?
Yeah, having a 100+mb mp3 available for anyone to download would be expensive.

Also, valuable statistics are gone once you offer a direct download - such as retention time, number of listens etc.

Again, I respect people wanting to listen to the podcast on any devices. I myself used to listen to podcasts (including the OG Tempcast!) on my DSi. So if you need it, hit me up in a PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters