1. [​IMG]
    Joining us on this episode is Jordan " @RyRyIV ", who along with our hosts discusses the recent game announcements at DC Fandome, as well as his hopes for a decent Resident Evil Netflix adaptation. We also discuss the possibilities of Nintendo releasing a new Switch, and our overwhelming reactions to the recent Direct mini.

Theme by @VinsCool and @AlanJohn

Also available on:
    :arrow: Spotify
    :arrow: Apple Podcasts
    :arrow: RadioPublic
    :arrow: PocketCasts
    :arrow: Anchor.fm

2. Discussion (16 replies)

3. RomHam

RomHam Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I like that thumbnail. Gives me cursed vibes

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Gamer Professional Deluxe
    Supervisor

Croatia
    This is definitely the best Tempcast ever. All references to previous episodes should be deleted from the site forever and forgotten.

Deleted User, iFish, relauby and 3 others like this.
  5. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.
    Former Staff

Awesome episode guys, love AJ's voice and Jordan's knowledge!

Chary, Ericzander, relauby and 3 others like this.
  6. Ericzander

Ericzander GBAtemp's residential attorney
    Reviewer

Somalia
    Worst part? When I referred to the actor Willem Dafoe as William. Best part? When I went on a tangential and nonsensical rant about Kingdom Hearts and admitted that I put more effort into preparing for Kingdom Hearts III than I did studying for the bar exam.

7. relauby

relauby Idiot Child
    Reporter

Canada
    The best part wasn’t even captured on mic, which was our discussion of where somebody should start the Resident Evil franchise if they’ve never played Kingdom Hearts.

Ericzander and RyRyIV like this.
  8. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Wonder how long this podcast will last :P

Satangel and Retinal_FAILURE like this.
  9. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thought for a second that the Dreamcast was getting 2 new games w/ #DCFandom. LOL!

relauby likes this.
  10. p1ngpong

Supervisor

Croatia
    It will last forever. The tempcast can not die, it will simply reincarnate itself when mortally wounded.

Like Jesus...

Or Dr Who....

Deleted User, Satangel, iFish and 3 others like this.
  11. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Sad... no closed captioning/subtitle for my deaf friend. He would love to read it. I clicked CC for him and subtitle was so bad so I turn it off, lol. Wish you guys make a subtitle because I believe there are some deaf people sign in for gbatemp. Deaf people exists you know.

12. AlanJohn

OP AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Blame Google for having petabytes of audio data in their vault and still failing to create a decent automatic transcribing algorithm. I'm sorry for your friend, but I already do the editing, mixing and production of the podcast and I do not have time to transcribe 1 hour of discussion.

EDIT: If you care enough to create a closed caption file yourself, I'll be glad to add it to the video.

Last edited by AlanJohn, Aug 30, 2020
    iFish, VinsCool and p1ngpong like this.
  13. p1ngpong

Supervisor

Croatia
    The tempcast is an amateur (but still well done) production made by people in their spare time for the enjoyment of the community. Transcribing an unscripted podcast is a huge job, even massively successful podcasts that generate tons of money do no transcribe their episodes as standard.

Your post almost comes across as troll like to be honest the more I read it, but regardless....

If you do not like youtubes auto generated closed captions feel free to transcribe the podcast and any future ones that come out and we will make them available in the opening post for anyone who wants them. Problem solved, easy right?

iFish, VinsCool and AlanJohn like this.
  14. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    We'll definitely keep this in mind--thank you for pointing it out. Currently, the podcast revival is just starting out, and I think it would be a lot of work for them to edit in subs. Transcribing everything to text would take hours. Especially when it's volunteers working on it for fun. I understand that it'd be difficult for anyone with hearing issues, but sadly for now, it's not feasible.

relauby, banjo2, VinsCool and 2 others like this.
  15. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Thank you. I will just ignored someone said about troll since he don't understand what I am talking about.

For you, you have a good heart about hearing issues. I understand what you mean. No worries. Many deaf people deserve it. Not everyone can do it.

Sometimes youtube isn't helpful, you know. Thank you so much. Much appreciate. Hope that you will keep this in mind for the next time.

Last edited by spotanjo3, Aug 30, 2020
    Ericzander, banjo2 and Chary like this.
  16. Ericzander

Ericzander GBAtemp's residential attorney
    Reviewer

Somalia
    First of all, I want to say thanks for watching, and for your recommendation. Like Chary said, it's probably not feasible at this time but I want to let you know that I'm happy that you care enough about it to try to show your friend.

I turned on the auto captions on YouTube just now, muted the video, and skipped partway into the video. To me, it seemed to grab almost every word just fine. The problem is, you can't tell who is saying what based solely on the captions. Like, if I was talking and Relauby interjects, you wouldn't know who was saying what. But I think it would be possible to follow along just because of the fact that our soundwaves move to indicate who is talking.

So theoretically, if you're friend is willing to multitask he can see what we're saying (with some inaccuracies and a lack of punctuation) and can see who is talking based on the sound bar.

I really wish there was a feasible way for us to manually add subtitles at the moment, but I don't think we can take on that task ourselves. But truly, thanks for watching, man!

T-hug, Chary and relauby like this.
  17. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Keep up the good work, fellas.

relauby likes this.
  18. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Gbatemp logo tiktok style

Deleted User and AlanJohn like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Reactions, Tempcast, Nintendo