Tempblock (Anti-GBAtemp-Advertising Adblock Subscription)

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, earlier today @[m]Costello[/m] announced that he was declaring war on Adblock. As a result, we now have annoying banners re-enabled on all GBAtemp Network pages.
im going on a crusade against adblock ^_^
they are blocking our partner's banners on gbatemp
i'll see if i can bypass the blocking on the long run
In response to this, I am pleased to present:

Subscribe Here!​

(additionally results for my other contest will be out eventually -- one my judges disappeared)

Reactions: 7 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
> War on Adblock

fuck-that-bitch-yao-pff.png

Reactions: 1 person

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
right click banner, adblock plus : block image, add filter

I win.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread reminded me to disable Ad Block Plus on GBAtemp, since I happen to like this site and would prefer it if Costello had the money to continue to host it.

Reactions: 1 person

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
right click banner, adblock plus : block image, add filter

I win.
Blocking the image banners is taken care of using a single rule. There are several other rules included.
This thread reminded me to disable Ad Block Plus on GBAtemp, since I happen to like this site and would prefer it if Costello had the money to continue to host it.
Adblock Plus is ineffective as of earlier today anyway. This is entirely about user-choice, remember when the ads were optional?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, ads are supposed to be appearing even with adblock now? That's odd, all I'm seeing are the standard etcome banners, which are pretty non-intrusive anyways.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adblock Plus is ineffective as of earlier today anyway. This is entirely about user-choice, remember when the ads were optional?
Vaguely. I enjoy having niceties like IPB 3, flashcart giveaways and Tempmas, so I've no objections to advertisements.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Vaguely. I enjoy having niceties like IPB 3, flashcart giveaways and Tempmas, so I've no objections to advertisements.
Events have been paid for by affiliates, who are unobtrusively and fairly mentioned within their respective news-posts. While it is nice that you have no objections to advertisements, any stance against user freedom (regardless of intent) should be opposed.

On the plus side, Etcome's adverts here don't track browsing history like many advertising networks, so there's no concern for user privacy. I'm only doing this because verbal opposition hasn't resulted in much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0