Telltales is seemingly shutting down. Their upcoming games seemingly canned

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If these news are true, this is definitely sad news. Obviously layoffs in the gaming industry (and any industry for that matter) are always terrible news. Telltales are also one of my favorite developers of all time despite their misses. I just hope that their employees can find jobs quickly in other companies.

This also means that wolf among us 2 and stranger things 2 is potentially cancelled

Sources: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/09/telltale_games_effectively_shuttered_after_enormous_layoffs
https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/21/telltale-games-shutting-down-layoffs/

Last edited by kingtut,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ll be sad to see them go, although I had a suspicion something like this would happen eventually given what I’ve casually heard about the company and their games over the years.

Will be ineresting the see the inevitable ‘what really happened’ articles/videos.

Shame we never saw a Sam and Max Season 4.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Never actually played any of their games, as they all looked too much boring for my tastes
Sad to see them go though, that means no Wolf Among Us 2 and no more Walking Dead Episodic-thingy games right?

Reactions: kingtut

AtsuNii

AtsuNii's New Beginnings
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A shame, I only played tales of the borderlands myself yet, but it was not bad. As far as I've seen others play TTG games, it all looks pretty nice. Altho at least they finish the episodes they still had open.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Played the entire first season of TWD and that was it. Loved it. Telltale Games seems like it went over its head and produced far too many games like EA with FIFA/Madden and Warner Bros. with the LEGO ones (different story, same gameplay).

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never actually played any of their games, as they all looked too much boring for my tastes
Sad to see them go though, that means no Wolf Among Us 2 and no more Walking Dead Episodic-thingy games right?
Most likely :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But..
TWD TTG Final season episode 2 was just recently released?

From what I am hearing, that is the one game they will finish with the small team they currently have. And that is it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I am hearing, that is the one game they will finish with the small team they currently have. And that is it

They will yeh.
I was somewhat waiting for a 3rd Minecraft one but eh.
Pity, I like their stories.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played the entire first season of TWD and that was it. Loved it. Telltale Games seems like it went over its head and produced far too many games like EA with FIFA/Madden and Warner Bros. with the LEGO ones (different story, same gameplay).

It also did not help that their later games were questionable when it came to quality. When you ask people about their favorite telltale game. They usually say Wolf among us, walking dead season 1, or tales from borderlands. Most of the titles that came after that were weaker. But I thought they had charm regardless.

Their engine was also very outdated compared to let's say Don't nod (who also have outdated graphics to begin with).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They will yeh.
I was somewhat waiting for a 3rd Minecraft one but eh.
Pity, I like their stories.

I sure hope, they can find another life under THQ or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol