Telltale Games Walking Dead coming to Ouya.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Telltale Games had previously been doing OK with various episodic versions of older franchises and games as well as some and then in April 2012 they came out of nowhere with their take of the Walking Dead zombie franchise released to basically everything except Android (though it initially started out on the download game services). Accolades for its story and writing piled up and overnight made Telltale Games a company to watch. Now their Walking Dead game (which is the good one, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, made by BloodRayne developer Terminal Reality, did less well) has been announced for the Ouya, a project that launched to much fanfare with its now legendary kickstarter and has since done not a great deal of anything with much of the criticism being a lack of games.

Telltale Games bringing first season and 400 Days DLC to Android-powered platform this winter; Season Two also coming to system.
The Walking Dead is shambling to the Ouya, developer Telltale Games announced today.

The game's first season, as well as the 400 Days downloadable content, will be available on the Android-powered console this winter. Episode One will be free to try.
A release date has not been out here for us, and season one is available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, iOS, and PSVita. According to Telltale Games SVP of Publishing Steve Allison, the game will be the same on Ouya like it is on the other platforms, so don't expect different content :bortz:
:arrow: Source
This seems interesting, as I have recently started the series of watching the TV Show.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<sarcasm> I'm totally going to buy the OUYA to play this game, that came out on many platforms I already have. </sarcasm> HTML skillz

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why news sites say "coming to ouya!"
They mean android? It's still an .apk right? It's just a phone connected to a tv. Same games as android. .-. Is it really not rooted for other installations yet?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand why news sites say "coming to ouya!"
They mean android? It's still an .apk right? It's just a phone connected to a tv. Same games as android. .-. Is it really not rooted for other installations yet?

ouya has its own game library, different from play store

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I don't understand why on earth devs are not releasing game on the play store, one of the biggest markets around which has millions and millions of users, but releasing it on the Ouya which is double digits strong at best.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, given how unpopular the Ouya has become, I'm guessing that they probably paid Telltale to bring the game over, although it wouldn't make much sense, given how the game is already in better systems and the Ouya version will probably be downgraded quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16