Telltale Games Walking Dead coming to Ouya.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ComeTurismO, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Telltale Games had previously been doing OK with various episodic versions of older franchises and games as well as some and then in April 2012 they came out of nowhere with their take of the Walking Dead zombie franchise released to basically everything except Android (though it initially started out on the download game services). Accolades for its story and writing piled up and overnight made Telltale Games a company to watch. Now their Walking Dead game (which is the good one, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, made by BloodRayne developer Terminal Reality, did less well) has been announced for the Ouya, a project that launched to much fanfare with its now legendary kickstarter and has since done not a great deal of anything with much of the criticism being a lack of games.

A release date has not been out here for us, and season one is available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, iOS, and PSVita. According to Telltale Games SVP of Publishing Steve Allison, the game will be the same on Ouya like it is on the other platforms, so don't expect different content :bortz:
    :arrow: Source
    This seems interesting, as I have recently started the series of watching the TV Show.

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Is there anybody that doesn't own this game that would actually want it at this point?

3. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Interesting, a game about the undead on a platform which is dead.

Langin, Foxi4, Yumi and 4 others like this.
  4. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    >Ouya

>Don't care

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. Dork

Dork Newbie

Sick, I can't wait to play it on ultra-low video settings.

6. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    <sarcasm> I'm totally going to buy the OUYA to play this game, that came out on many platforms I already have. </sarcasm> HTML skillz

7. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    I don't understand why news sites say "coming to ouya!"
    They mean android? It's still an .apk right? It's just a phone connected to a tv. Same games as android. .-. Is it really not rooted for other installations yet?

8. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    ouya has its own game library, different from play store

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ouya: We're still relevant, damn it!

10. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

I'm willing to give this game a try. I'm having so much fun with my OUYA console and this game would be a great addition.

11. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    I don't understand why on earth devs are not releasing game on the play store, one of the biggest markets around which has millions and millions of users, but releasing it on the Ouya which is double digits strong at best.

12. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Well, given how unpopular the Ouya has become, I'm guessing that they probably paid Telltale to bring the game over, although it wouldn't make much sense, given how the game is already in better systems and the Ouya version will probably be downgraded quite a bit.