Telltale Games' titles will soon be removed from GOG, Tales from the Borderlands delisted on Steam

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 23, 2019.

1. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    lets hope those disks dont rot away or break :/

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    *looks at MVC2 prices for US region for PS2 and Xbox on eBay*

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  3. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Well, at least Tales from the Borderlands got a physical release on Xbox One, so it isn't completely lost forever.

I hate seeing games disappear and become unplayable, (One reason why I'm so grateful for stuff like Wiimmfi and Riiconnect bringing back functionality to stuff like Dr. Mario Online RX, and many others)
    and I speculate they're being pulled due to licensing expiring, so there's not a lot to be done to keep them playable.. legally.

Well, I guess we're gonna see every site that hosts "legal*" game downloads flooded with these titles for a bit.

RLS89ZX likes this.
  4. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Tales from the Borderlands still appears on Steam for me?
    Wasn't it taken down already?

5. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2016
    Crappy games, when you basically don't have any creativity so you try to turn your fa'fics of already existing bad bad francjises into a clickity click game, it doesn't work, not everyone is gonna like your fan fic.

6. Danker301090

Danker301090 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I suppose a sale will probably kick in within the next days to milk every last penny/dime/cent

7. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    The Sam & Max games were actually really good. So were most of their older games.

Granted, after Tales of the Walking Dead, they started repeating the same formulas way too much and sadly became quite samey.

8. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    saddly i bet you can still get a strike for pirating TT games even if the company is no more and no one aquires the license

9. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    almost all of their work is licensed stuff so it obviously still belongs to someone

10. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Same and Max? Typo?

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Obviously they suck at managing money.

12. coppertj

coppertj GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2017
    United States
    Big question on everyone's minds: Why did telltale not file for chapter 11 bankruptcy so they could continue making games and just redo their management? Board of directors? Shareholders? Where is the common sense?! Now they are removing their games from steam... absurd. It's almost like majority of the OG workers (management) got sick of doing video games and decided to shut down the company. They literally put so many people out of work but, welcome to the world of video game design industry where there is no job security even if the game you worked on is super popular...

No, i am certain that upper management had a type of pyramid scheme going on and pulled out once they took all the money out of the company in the form of bonuses and raises to themselves... Remember, this studio was started by a couple of disgruntled Lucas Arts employees... I guess those same employees finally pulled out and literally sunk the company in the process... CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY?! HELLO?! YOU'RE BASED IN AMERICA, USE YOUR RIGHTS AND FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY EVERY BUSINESS GETS A SECOND CHANCE BUT HEY, Im just ranting...
    holy shit im glad someone else said it, They're not just bad at managing money, they are literally being self entitled the higher pyramid schemers- i mean upper management oops...

Last edited by coppertj, May 25, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted