Tell you about me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bradzx, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    You are welcome. There are many kinds for SL.

Yeah. That why I always use ASL. If I use ESL, people will ignore me easily because I never know to use ASL. Make sense to you?

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    What I don't really understand is what the difference between ESL and ASL is. I can see that there is a difference, but I don't know what it actually is. Is ASL a sort of short hand or abbreviated form of SL?

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think it's just two different way to sign.
    Like there are French-sign, American-sign, there is English-sign, right?

Like color/colour difference between American/UK :P

Or maybe one is a more "Official" language to learn, which is taught all over the country, and the other one is more a family/unconventional way?

Thanks to your video, I clicked other videos randomly and I found that people are transcribing song's lyric for deaf people.

Hackensack
    Tonight
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I picked all three from the same person, but there are interpretations from other peoples using different signs for the same songs. (maybe she is using ESL and not ASL?).

I just find it great to transcribe songs, it's like adding subtitles/lyrics with emotions.

4. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Have you adapted to your senses? Around 8 years old I had series of constant ear infection that took a large part of my hearing which technically makes me moderately deaf.

However, over the years (and especially now) I have realized I have adapted to my hearing loss and my awareness levels are off the charts compared to the average person. My brain must have adapted to not being able to hear as well by letting me know I need to pay so much more attention to details which includes both visual and audio. While it may be hard for me to understand words, if someone is in another room (a completely different room), when they start making a sound large enough for me to hear it catches my attention. My brother and my sister who are not moderately deaf often miss the sounds that I can hear (for example a conversation between my parents in a different room).

How have you adapted to your hearing loss?

1 person likes this.
  5. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Did you check my first post?

6. Zetta_x

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Do you think you are more aware of your surroundings than most people to cope with your hearing loss?

7. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I am not worrying about that. There are millions hearing people and most of them might know some about deaf stuff.

8. Zetta_x

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    People say if you are blind your hearing is improved. Do you think your eyesight has improved from your hearing loss?

9. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    He is just trying to relate to you.

1 person likes this.
  10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Well he's wearing glasses so...

Not being offensive, just kinda answering this question. And I guess reason would say that, over time, since someone lacking a sense would rely on others much more than the average person, they'd become better with other senses than most people.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    But then we would get people being a-holes and telling him to work on his grammar in a harsh way.

12. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    That is not made a sense for that. No. I didnt hearing loss. I am born deaf and yes, eyesight see better.

For reading distance.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted