Hacking Tell me some cool things to do with my new PSP

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, did a little research folks. Turns out I fucked up about having a 3000. I have a '2003' model. Pretty sure the last digit is the region, mine being UK, or perhaps europe. I think I can use the permanent CFW on this.

I think I just need to get a Pro DUO(mine didn't come with one, bummer) and see what I can do.

Last edited by G0R3Z,

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Right, did a little research folks. Turns out I fucked up about having a 3000. I have a '2003' model. Pretty sure the last digit is the region, mine being UK, or perhaps europe. I think I can use the permanent CFW on this.

I think I just need to get a Pro DUO(mine didn't come with one, bummer) and see what I can do.
You're in luck. Most 2000 models support permanent CFW.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're in luck. Most 2000 models support permanent CFW.

What should I use to downgrade, or is there a 6.60 CFW I just install over it?

P.S. I ask a lot of questions, but I'm a noob on the PSP scene, once I know enough, I'll be pretty sorted in general.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

P.S. I ask a lot of questions, but I'm a noob on the PSP scene, once I know enough, I'll be pretty sorted in general.

You don't really need to update or downgrade your PSP AFAIK. There are currently two popular CFWs that work on 6.60. ProCFW and (L)ME cfw. i use lme personally

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once you set up cfw on your psp you can check if you can have 6.60 permanent cfw on it by using a psp program called PSPIdent. If the motherboard is ta-088v3 on up then you can not have a 6.60 permanent cfw on it. At that point you could have a permanent 6.20 cfw though from what i checked.

Attachments

• pspident_000.bmp
    382.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by cvskid,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much. (L)ME just seems to be popular among power users these days.

That'd be a nice option. As with stuff like Wii U, 360s, Gamecubes and other consoles, once i've learned enough i'll start using those advanced features.

Reactions: nxwing

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be a nice option. As with stuff like Wii U, 360s, Gamecubes and other consoles, once i've learned enough i'll start using those advanced features.
You can also play online with the nightly build of pro custom firmware also with games that do not normally have online play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots