Gaming Tekken Games for DS (R4)?

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have an R4 and i want to play some Tekken games on my DS...i already have an Tekken Advance but im not satisfied with just that im thinking of playing Tekken (1)(2)(3) on my DS with the NDS MAME Emulator but i dont know if it could work....but if someone knows about a download link or another way to play Tekken on my DS please post it....

(the Tekken 2 i was saying is the original game not for nes)

Reason for edit: i dont mean to post the Rom download..i just want them to preview the pic..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what ds mame emu are you asking about? all of the arcade rom emus for the ds have a limited library of games which they support. you can't just drop any mame.zip file on there and expect them to work. the mame4all ds2 port supports a much larger library, and even that has limitations.

-another world

scotch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as much as this is a bitch to read,u will not,and never will get tekken runnin on the ds,just to give u a heads up,have u ever seen anyfin runnin on the ds thats even near the tekkens?hell the ds cant emulate even the ps1/n64/saturn era.your best bet wud be to get neo geo ds and its hugely impressive list of 2d fighters.PS - claimin that ur gonna get tekken runnin on our trusty old ds no matter what is a bit like me claimin that i will walk on that ceiling,one day!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The closest you'll ever get to a Tekken on a DS is Tekken GBA or that Naruto fighting game.

UNLESS YOU CODE A HOMEBREW TEKKEN GAME YOU WILL NEVER PLAY 3D TEKKEN ON YOUR DS. Not with emulators, not with legitimate games... NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. GOOSE EGGS.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm... coding i already think of that but i cant do it alone....if i have a group to create Tekken maybe we can make a good graphic Tekken game...

i already have Tekken Sprites (From Tekken 3 and TAG),Tekken Stage/Character Music,and Character Voices....my Problem is i am a newbie Game maker the only game i create is a simple Mario Game....if only someone can help me....

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
With making fan games like these, remember that the developers of the official games may send you a cease and desist. That's something you always have to worry about. I mean, look at Chrono Trigger Resurrection. That was taken down due to a cease and desist and it was maybe a month or so from being fully released. You have to always think of these kind of things in the long run. Do you really want to spend so much time creating a game, only to have it taken down so far into development?

And on that note...creating a homemade game (AKA Homebrew) could take a long time. Unless they're paid or they REALLY REALLY want to (which, in this case, most would rather go play Tekken GBA than make their own Tekken game for the DS), most people wouldn't put so much time and possible effort into creating such a game. In addition, most wouldn't even have the time to put into creating a game, as most people have lives to tend to. What about you? If you knew coding, would YOU have the time to create a game?

Also, don't even think about creating a full blown game by yourself with not much of a coding knowledge. Try learning a coding language, first. I would reccomend starting with Python, even if it really isn't what you'd want to use for making a Tekken game for the DS. It's an easier coding language and hey, RenPy (a python-based visual novel creator) makes it even easier to use. Which, it's a lot better if you start small anyway. Big projects like these loom to high over a newbie game creator's head and the projects eventually come crashing down.

And with sprites, music, and sound effects...Well, that sometimes doesn't mean anything. Sure, having those beforehand would cut down the creation time of any game, but you still have to put everything together. You may even have to edit the music so it loops. Or edit sprites so they fit within a small size-range that is befitting for such a game.

...Besides. If you took all the sprites/music/sounds from Tekken GBA, then why not just play Tekken GBA? You know? That's already using the sprites/music/sounds, it's Tekken, and it's a game that already exists and you don't have to create it.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the sprites came from Tekken 3/Tag....

by the way creating this is not a bad idea its a great past time for me...learning while creating... because programming will be my course...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?