Homebrew Tekken DS Project (Recruiting Coders)

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... i am starting a Project / Game for DS and the only thing left is a coder...im Recruiting Members to be a coder for my Game....... im recruiting Coders because i cant make this project all by my self...I have all we need to build a Good Tekken game...i already have a Character Sprites,Backgrounds,Character Voices, and Background Musics.

TekkenDS.jpg

edit: i can finish this myself with a little help of my Friend.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't there a Tekken game coming out on the 3DS, why bother with a weak, underpowered homebrew when you can get a real, official version. Just get Tekken on a different system rather than settling for a homebrew.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
"Hey I'm making a homebrew! I need people to do all the hard work for me, please!"
+1

Sora de Eclaune - who knows, maybe it can

gifi4 - not sure, I would have to check but it's highly possible

LeomelsonBato - Game Maker + "I want to make good game" == -1
In other words negative results
If I would recall few functions necessary for fighting game I would be able to help coding it but by means of word CODING not "putting pieces randomly together in Game Maker"

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm... who knows maybe this project may be turn out good....i prefer using Bigger Sprites than the smaller one for better Graphics.....
:( :( if this does mean no one trust me that we can make a good game....i would make it myself even if it take me a year or two before finishing it...

if DS Game Make is not the best maker out there i will search...i am desperate to do this

Isn't there a Tekken game coming out on the 3DS, why bother with a weak, underpowered homebrew when you can get a real, official version. Just get Tekken on a different system rather than settling for a homebrew.
just like i have a money to buy it yet and i like playing my DS Games on DS Lite not on 3DS...and i dont know why but i like DS More than PSP.....thats why i creating it on a DS and who know creating a cool DS game created bv you

Get a PSP and play Tekken 6 instead of wasting your time with this.
just like what i said i dont like PSP so much....

+1

Sora de Eclaune - who knows, maybe it can

gifi4 - not sure, I would have to check but it's highly possible

LeomelsonBato - Game Maker + "I want to make good game" == -1
In other words negative results

If I would recall few functions necessary for fighting game I would be able to help coding it but by means of word CODING not "putting pieces randomly together in Game Maker"

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
hmm... who knows maybe this project may be turn out good....i prefer using Bigger Sprites than the smaller one for better Graphics.....
There is no way GameMaker will magically break barriers of DS, bigger sprite means puzzling it from smaller ones with proper instructions, face it...

i dont know why but i like DS More than PSP

Easy one, DS is better in everything than PSP but graphics : )))

Personally I would stab anyone with PSP but well ^_^

if youre the one coding ''Fair Enough''
Look at Topic list to CoG Project, if that's not "fair enough" for You then I can't help

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way GameMaker will magically break barriers of DS, bigger sprite means puzzling it from smaller ones with proper instructions, face it...

i dont know why but i like DS More than PSP

Easy one, DS is better in everything than PSP but graphics : )))

Personally I would stab anyone with PSP but well ^_^

if youre the one coding ''Fair Enough''
Look at Topic list to CoG Project, if that's not "fair enough" for You then I can't help

i didnt say you cant help i said ''Fair Enough'' i mean: at least you do a contribution....

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the game is kinda 0.2% Finished... i just Add a Tekken 3 Opening then Character Selection(Tekken 3 and Tag Chars) thats all the update i had....

@iSubaru im not saying im using Game Maker personally...i just thought Game Maker can create a good game... thanks to my friend he teach me how to create the game easily...

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
It can create very simple and limited game, somewhat like RPG Maker, it's like a tool to play around and get some concept and then jump to real coding in desired language, platform and libraries...
That's my opinion

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Director of a homebrew game, has sprites,backgrounds, but no team and no experience in game making nor programming.

ok, first of all, its nice to see people wanting tio be creative, but you will fail.
Not becuase I want you fail, but because you have already a name and every other shit, but no game and no experience in anything useful to make a game. :)

no offense, but your project is doomed...first learn how to program in basic, than go to python/Java and later to C++. After you have experience in it, you can try to make a game...

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no offense, but your project is doomed...first learn how to program in basic, than go to python/Java and later to C++. After you have experience in it, you can try to make a game...
My god! Never tell someone to start programing in basic, he would try to use those go*o
plus basic is to basic to be a good thing to start with.
Python? Why not, but it may fear him with all those strict rules.
I d say the best is still to learn with some teaching language such as caml because you can easily understand how programming works.
Or just start with C.

Reactions: 1 person

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
That means I'm coding god because I started with C by myself without BASIC and Python or (OMG) Java before? :P
Now You mention it I think I want some BASIC xD

Truth is that doing work with "Maker" programs is not coding at all and never be, I will never accept things as Game Maker or RPG Maker as CODING...NEVER

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok first of all im really not experienced creating a DS game but creating PC game im experienced with that...im with my PC everyday doing nothing so ill promise ill finish this project

i just finish the:

Opening Movie
Arcade Type
Character Selecton
and almost finish editing with Lei Wulong my Favorite char

my Friend is experienced on creating DS Homebrew games thanks to him i can start the project successfully...maybe i will release this game on Summer.

please dont tell me to go back on the basics again i already do that when im creating a PC game its boring...i think this DS creating Game is kinda PC like

@iSubaru im not using a Game Maker this time my friend gave me a USB Full of programs creating a DS game (thanks to him)

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Opening movie? Are you aware its very hard (impossible) to play videos in nds homebrew? Or it will have such a bad framerate youd d drop the idea, ensure you do know nds limitations before doing unnecessary work.
Good luck though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality