Tekken 7 trailer adds Street Fighter's Akuma to the roster

In a new trailer, Tekken 7 confirmed the name of its full version (usually the home console version too): Tekken 7 Fated Retribution.

This trailer's primary focus however is the addition of Street Fighter's Akuma to the roster and seemingly as a part of the game's storyline as well.

Akuma's inclusion to Tekken follows what seems to be a recent trend of Street Fighter characters exploring new horizons as Ryu is now a part of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 4.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is cool that akuma is in the game but i don't agree with him being canon in the tekken storyline/universe since he is from another company. And before people say who plays fighting games for the story, some fighting games, like tekken, have cool stories, imo.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what "Genius" plot they'll come up with this time
Kazumi (prior top the storyline) asked Akuma to take down Heihachi and possibly Kazuya if they ever reached a point where they were out of control and shit was going south, and she couldn't stop it.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Look. Tekken X Street fighter just became this game for more attention.

Sad fact is, it'll sell better this way.

Street Fighter X Tekken bombed. So... Tekken team's idea was obviously to seek great profit by making this an official series entry, as in the past, those have sold better than the tag games for example.

Reactions: T-hug

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is Akuma part of the Story?
Kazumi (prior top the storyline) asked Akuma to take down Heihachi and possibly Kazuya if they ever reached a point where they were out of control and shit was going south, and she couldn't stop it.

Yes, according to the trailer

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
> Playing fighting games for story.

laugh.jpg

Last edited by PolyChrome,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Whats the problem if Fighting Games having a Story? I think EVERY fighter NEED a story of why, how and/or for what they fight for. Tekken has always had a deep story mode. And yes there are people that play fighting games and love the story. Is there a problem?

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,
D

Deleted User

> Playing fighting games for story.
Nice meme arrows dude bet you go on 4chan and reddit and really kek those upvotes dude.

Tekken story is enjoyable and silly its the only reason I still play tekken games

plus I like cute girls drop kicking wrestlersa

Reactions: Black-Ice

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats the problem if Fighting Games having a Story? I think EVERY fighter NEED a story of why, how and/or for what the fight for. Tekken has always had a deep story mode. And yes there are people that play fighting games and love the story. Is there a problem?
I think it's not the problem that they have a story. Maybe it is more of a problem how the story is prensented and how much time is spent on making it.

How awesome could the game become if they would stop to invest so much in the presentation?

Personally I think the storys are just bullshit from beginning to end.

Tekken 3 - Slay Ogre, Jins Devil awakens.
Tekken 4 - Heihachi in dipers.
Tekken 5 - Heihachis Grandpa (?) is shooting fireballs out of his belly.
Tekken 6 - A dragon!? Really? I'm out of here.

Maybe their are deeper meanings, I know that. But I'm more for an investment in a good fighter.

Last edited by Bimmel,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

So Tekken X Street Fighter will be Tekken 7? Um. Guess that's okay from the perspective of a gamer and not a fan.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's not the problem that they have a story. Maybe it is more of a problem how the story is prensented and how much time is spent on making it.

How awesome could the game become if they would stop to invest so much in the presentation?

Personally I think the storys are just bullshit from beginning to end.

Tekken 3 - Slay Ogre, Jins Devil awakens.
Tekken 4 - Heihachi in dipers.
Tekken 5 - Heihachis Grandpa (?) is shooting fireballs out of his belly.
Tekken 6 - A dragon!? Really? I'm out of here.

Maybe their are deeper meanings, I know that. But I'm more for an investment in a good fighter.
http://eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Tekken_6#Story

To explain the tekken 6 story and azazel (the dragon). Scroll to the bottom of the page for the other games in the series. Fighting games can be both good and have a storyline. People who don't care for them even when they are good just ignore them anyways. Either that or make fun of people who do like story along with gameplay.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Tekken_6#Story

To explain the tekken 6 story and azazel (the dragon). Scroll to the bottom of the page for the other games in the series. Fighting games can be both good and have a storyline. People who don't care for them even when they are good just ignore them anyways. Either that or make fun of people who do like story along with gameplay.
Ok.. I see. At least a bit. To present such a story, cutscenes are really neccesary. It sounds still a bit crazy what I read in this short time, but there seems to be more then it meets the eye. ;)

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. I see. At least a bit. To present such a story, cutscenes are really neccesary. It sounds still a bit crazy what I read in this short time, but there seems to be more then it meets the eye. ;)
I definitely agree with needing more cutscenes to explain the events that take place. There are other resources to look into like comic book/manga for backstory but the majority of it should be explained in game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM