OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone notice how the tehskeen has been having a lil bitch fest because "gbatemp" and "dcemu" are supposedly stealing their news. HAHAHAHA

Are these guys just retarded..... have they every paid attention to how news spreads in the real world. News is news, nobody owns it.

Its like these dumbshits have some sort of imaginary copyright/distribution right over Wii/DS/GBA news.

I think these lil pricks are just greedy little bastards because other sites are cutting into their advertising revenues.

Anyone listen to brakkens podcasts... lol what a loser... WAH WAH WAH.... people on the internet are so mean, and I am the god of all news.. WAH WAH WAH.

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15179

Unless you are in their little affiliate club then you have no right to exist on the internet.

How sad and petty.
rofl.gif

what do you think?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it feels like much wii-related news [system menu, IOS, etc.] apps, programs, guides, are always released here..

jamielee321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly xzxero. If anything GBAtemp is a major source of news where authors/developers post their releases. And from which tehskeen gets their news from.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is quite a cry baby thread. Wah wah wah tehskeen is a bunch of cry babies wah wah wah.

Anyway, it's pretty low for them to say people "steal their news". It's not copyrighted and news is news. You don't see CNN complaining about MSNBC "stealing" their inside scoop. And it isn't "stealing", it's "using". You can't steal something on the internet, just copy it or use it.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brakken has always been a whiny baby. For those of you who dont remember he got mad becuase marcan banned him from the irc that he "supposedly" took a bunch of xanax to try to kill himself but failed miserably and is still alive bitching. Brakken is he onlu guy alive that is allowed to hear news and post it. How fucking gay. Ok if a huge flood was coming, and u happened to watch channel 5 instad of channel 9 which told news about the flood. would u not be pissed that channel 5 didnt "steal" the news. I swear the wii scene is unlike any other. The biggest cry babies aive. People just fucking suck in general. brakken needs to cry a little more

Maybe we should play his game and claim that he steals news from GBAtemp. I we make a big enuff deal about it maybe he will close that piece of shit down, take your ball n go home.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah "dead" serious lol, he was gone from his site for a while, he had his daddy posting on it. I dont know if it was all bs or not, but he still claimed he was killing himself. thats why that guy said me thinks he needs more xanax lol So it must just be that time of the month for him again.

jamielee321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
9th_Sage said:
He does make a decent point. If you get the news from another site, it's a courtesy to cite your source.

If you get the news from the original author from wiibrew or gbatemp... then its not courtesy of tehskeen.
If you get it off a tehskeen forum because the author chose to post there and only there, then yes... its courtesy of tehskeen.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
jamielee321 said:
9th_Sage said:
He does make a decent point. If you get the news from another site, it's a courtesy to cite your source.

If you get the news from the original author from wiibrew or gbatemp... then its not courtesy of tehskeen.
If you get it off a tehskeen forum because the author chose to post their and only there, then yes... its courtesy of tehskeen.
No, I didn't say that if you get it from the original site that you should cite TehSkeen. You should cite the original site in that case. Just because I saw it on WiiBrew first it doesn't mean I should cite TehSkeen because it was there ten minutes earlier.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter either way. I agree with many regarding the fact that gbatemp is full of whiners and noobs (gbafail) but at the same time this is the place I go to for news and this is the place I visit to try and help people get their shit together.

Bottom line is, Tehskeen has 1/10 the useful information gbatemp does. 99% of the time, I see everything posted here before I see it posted there (unless it's regarding PSP homebrew or "The Wiz" whatever the hell that is....) and I visit there daily.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
9th_Sage said:
Indeed. It seems like a lot of people here have never posted on a website bringing the latest news about a certain subject. I have, and I know that it takes a lot of time and effort to find good news and write about it. A good post takes at least 10 minutes. If you find only 6 items worth posting a day, you've already spent an hour only writing, not even finding the news. If you then see that other (competing) websites pretty much copy (sometimes literally copy-pasting) the stuff you just wrote about it is a bit saddening. Not because the news spreads, but because someone else gets the same response while he does a lot less, and he can't even link back to your site while you did link to your sources.

I'm sorry if I sound like a cry baby now. Of course, it's natural that you use other websites as sources. But if you're just copying all of your news from one or two sites you're really just taking credit for other people's work.

jamielee321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Maikel Steneker you realize that tehskeen might have half a sentence of originally written content.

Example. Mr.X released program X which performs an X functions.

The rest is copy/paste.
QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE

They spend 2-3 minutes at the most posting the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s