• Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-171178

OP
QUOTE(http://www.tehskeen.com) said:
Dear Skeeners,

Due to circumstances out of my control I have no choice, but to inform you of the bad news. TehSkeen is lost. Therefore, due to internal and external reasons I am leaving the "scene". It.s been a hell of a ride and five years is a long time to work on something you enjoy to have it just vanish. TehSkeen had a vision and I hope someday someone else will follow this vision. I.m not giving up just moving on. I hope you all can understand this and if you can't I'm sorry. There are other sites out there with similar morals and content that you can be a part of. Farewell.

Kind Regards,

Brakken
This upsets me, I have been using Tehskeen for months due to their up-to-date homebrew information, and now to find they are gone is saddening.

What makes it worse is I started listennig to this as I loaded the page. ;_;

Reactions: Naked_Snake

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, tehskeen is gone and it ain't ever coming back.

The loss of tehskeen is a great loss to the community of hacking and homebrewing. They didn't ctrl-c, ctrl-v RSS feeds like nearly every other site, they made wrote their own news. And they never reported on every single homebrew PONG game made, just the homebrew you wanted to read about.

I'm really distraught over all of this. I don't know how I'll ever bring myself to check about 13 different sites a day just so I can find all of the stories I want to see that were tehskeen reported on every day.

I know a lot of you, hell, most of you, didn't like Brakk3n. To that I say fuck you. He's done more for every person reading this then he'll ever realize and I sorrowfully wish him good luck in his future endeavors.

Goodbye Brakk3n. RIP tehskeen.

--Arikado

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OArikadoO said:
Sorry guys, tehskeen is gone and it ain't ever coming back.

What happened was this: Brakk3n decided to add some extra HDD space to the tehskeen servers. Before doing so, he backed up the servers on a blue-ray disc. Things went horribly wrong and the server was set to a factory reset state. And the server won't read the backup. Brakk3ns tried everything he can but he cannot restore the site. Rather then start anew, Brakk3n has decided to simply quit running a website.

The loss of tehskeen is a great loss to the community of hacking and homebrewing. They didn't ctrl-c, ctrl-v RSS feeds like nearly every other site, they made wrote their own news. And they never reported on every single homebrew PONG game made, just the homebrew you wanted to read about.

I'm really distraught over all of this. I don't know how I'll ever bring myself to check about 13 different sites a day just so I can find all of the stories I want to see that were tehskeen reported on every day.

I know a lot of you, hell, most of you, didn't like Brakk3n. To that I say fuck you. He's done more for every person reading this then he'll ever realize and I sorrowfully wish him good luck in his future endeavors.

Goodbye Brakk3n. RIP tehskeen.

--Arikado

This must be a bad joke. Brakken, if you read this, please revive Tehskeen, maybe as a news-only site. I did appreciate your work every day since I discoverd the Wii scene. Fuck all the haters, they have no live. Damn it cant be..

nobody2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brakken,

If you read this, I want let you know I'm one of the many who loved this site. If the backup issue is a problem, I think the community will do whatever they can to revive the site.

Wordpress blog, rapidshare hosting....anything. I have a pretty hefty hosting account I'm willing to share. Please, man. You were the best.

I know a lot of us probably took your work for granted, but you were the best.

And that douche that posted earlier...well...just think about it. He's probably like that in real life and has about 2 friends who "forget" to call him when they're hanging out.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this IS very upsetting, it was the ONE AND ONLY REAL site worth knowing and i am now at a lost for my daily Wii scene news...

long live mr.B

bow.gif

and i thank you for the hours and hours of enjoyment your site has bought to my life

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Farewell TehSkeen...
That site was a unique place, run by a man who stood by his principles, maybe sometimes a little too much, but always essentially right. Brakken and his site were never afraid to speak out for their beliefs, and for the truth, and he practised what he preached. It was a site like no other in the scene, and quite the opposite of this place. Goodbye...

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
FINALLY!

I was bummed out when the guy was alive after his overdose. But at least I still get what I want in a way.

Break out the beer, we're partying tonight.
Did he really od?

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Tehskeen is the site were I've learned everything about the Scene.

Thanks Brakken and others, for everything you did.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how the hell can somebody update a server of a website as big as tehskeen was, without having a backup server running parallel. never thought that brakken could make such a dumb mistake. can somebody say where djdynamite can be reached. i would like to know what he thinks about all this.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hatredg0d said:
Arm the Homeless said:
FINALLY!

I was bummed out when the guy was alive after his overdose. But at least I still get what I want in a way.

Break out the beer, we're partying tonight.
Did he really od?
Yeah, but someone from the internets found out his number and called 911.

I really don't like seeing TehSkeen go like this, but I was expecting it, he was continuous taking breaks from posting news lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies