Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking about homebrew retro goodness and I thought that these games deserve a wider audience. Now they're not exactly brand new and some of you may have played these before, but I'd like to share them regardless for those who don't really take much interest in homebrew stuff and want something to play.

Nori Kuro Cat

norikurocat01.gif
norikurocat02.gif

An ace little platformer where you play a cat
Download

Veck S.E.

veckscreenshot.jpg

Looks like Geometry Wars but plays like Smash TV/Beserk/Robotron
Download

Alien Abduction

aa1.jpg

Do you like Defender? Well you'll love this.
Download

La Mulana

4.png
10.png
17.png

Brilliant ode to the MSX & NES classics Maze of Galious, Castlevania & Metroid. Possibly one of the best retro homebrew games I've played.
Downloads

Thats all from me, feel free to add some that you think are awesome too.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to TURRICAN. Be my guest. Another day another try, but remember, shoot or die! HAHAHAHA!

Hurrican - An awesome remake of the classic Turrican with much better graphics than the originals. This one is open-ended where there is a possibility of user-created levels to be added to it.

175_600.jpg

http://turrican.gamevoice.de/hurrican_site/

T2002 - Another excellent remake of the classic Turrican. This one retains the more classic look while still being an all-new adventure.

t2002_04.jpg

http://www.pekaro.de/content/t2002/t2002.html

I love these games! Run-and-gun fun! I remember playing the original on the old Commodore 64. In my opinion, they make Megaman look like crap. If ever there was an old-school game that needs to be on the DS, this is it.

You can also find the production versions of Turrican for Sega Genesis, NES and SNES to play on the go or on your PC emus.
wink.gif
Though I don't know how well they play on any GBA/DS emus, except the NES version which runs great on the built-in Supercard slot2 NES emu.....as long as you didn't update your SC to 1.81/1.82, that is.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one game which is impossible to find on the net, which I really enjoyed, called Cats. You play as a Cat and you try to rescue all of your Cat friends that have been kidnapped, only then the door the next level will open. It's a simple formula but it is a fun game. This game was made in Game Maker, and thankfully I still have the "sources" and if you guys are interested I'll compile and upload it.
Is it a remake of Alley Cat the excellent C64/Spectrum game? Sounds familiar.

The Hurrican and T2002 are pretty good. As are the other homebrew Turrican games for the C64.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice nice, I especially love Alex The Alligator 4, not played it in ages though didn't it have a level editor?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hummm how about the Ur-Quan Masters, a freeware recreation of the old Star Control 2 game. It's a potentially massive download depending what you want out of it as you can get into the 100s of MBs if you want the very nice audio and full speech packages.

Also, while these are GBA bound, they are retro-remakes from a place run by some frenchies called FoxySoft and basically they've converted like 8 Atari ST classics to GBA code with surprising accuracy. My fav of the bunch is well known, Another World/Out of this World which you can nab here: http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc ...and if you look left there's links to stuff like Airball, Nebulus, and many others.

And while it was done in flash it was researched and copied with true accuracy to the nes/arcade. Duck Hunt: http://wii.joshbuhler.com/duckhunt/ Works awesome on both the Nintendo Wii and Computers (saves high score to your computer too.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: