Hacking RELEASE TegraRcmSmash - a fusee-launcher for Windows.

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I did try that out but nothing different. All the two screens do is pop up back off again nothing.

It should temporarily show the stack being smashed on the first window, then the second window should show images being sent to the Switch.

If those aren't coming up, I'd guess that the program can't find your temp directory in appdata, so it can't actually execute anything.

Manually open your temp folder, and look for SwitchLinux, and verify there are actually files there.

Also, are you booting back into RCM mode automatically after the 2 screens go away? If you are, it's an SD card problem. Use the load button without an SD inserted.

Last edited by SapphireExile,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It should temporarily show the stack being smashed on the first window, then the second window should show images being sent to the Switch.

If those aren't coming up, I'd guess that the program can't find your temp directory in appdata, so it can't actually execute anything.

Manually open your temp folder, and look for SwitchLinux, and verify there are actually files there.

Also, are you booting back into RCM mode automatically after the 2 screens go away? If you are, it's an SD card problem. Use the load button without an SD inserted.
Thanks for the reply.
Am I supposed to have a “temp” folder with the switchlinux files in it? I’m not sure on how to set it up on the computer sounds like I am missing necessary files to run Linux on the switch this is why it’s not loading what files and where do I need them? Sorry I just thought you clicked on load on the app? With the switch plugged in usb and apx drivers set up of course.

Edit: seems a new thread has popped up about running Linux I will give that ago also. Thanks for your help.

Then again I have had second thoughts running Linux, it mentions in the tut it can damage your battery & LCD screen, is that true? I’m not sure I want to run it now I did not know that information.

Last edited by Reecey,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then again I have had second thoughts running Linux, it mentions in the tut it can damage your battery & LCD screen, is that true? I’m not sure I want to run it now I did not know that information.
I think the LCD thing is theoretical but the battery problem is definitely real. After running linux you will have to open the switch and disconnect the battery for a bit otherwise you will have issues in normal switch mode.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I have a question, I connect my switch to my windows computer and it fails to find the rpx driver. anybody know how to fix this?

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to make a lot of want-things-for-now people update their devices. I m sticking to 4.1 till we get the good stuff . Anyways, great job

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why stay on a lower firmware? Atmosphere is dropping soon, and it's not like we can't exploit the switch on any firmware.
The lower the fw, the easier its going to be to do stuffs. Its been said several times by the devs we should stay on lower fws for a better performance, access and everything. If the bosses said we should wait, lets wait. They know what they talking bout.

Unity150_magickavoxel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i click the tegrarcmsmash.exe a windows appears for a second then disappear pls help i don't wanna use linux it's a nighmare.
drag and drop your payload.bin into the exe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, on a side note, any body else get errors when dumping your nand with this? Is this normal? It dumped most parts as 2GB but RawNand.bin.12 is only 421MB and RawNand.bin.14 is 1.12GB

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drag and drop your payload.bin into the exe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, on a side note, any body else get errors when dumping your nand with this? Is this normal? It dumped most parts as 2GB but RawNand.bin.12 is only 421MB and RawNand.bin.14 is 1.12GB
what payload are you using to dump nand on windows?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The lower the fw, the easier its going to be to do stuffs. Its been said several times by the devs we should stay on lower fws for a better performance, access and everything. If the bosses said we should wait, lets wait. They know what they talking bout.
They have already said that the 4.1 exploit will not drop until it is confirmed that it is not useful for the Mariko revisions. A understand people on 3.0 staying put, but 4.1... not so much.

ProNiteBite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using TegraRCMsmash I am unable to get the screen to display anything. On my Linux machine it works like a charm, but I can't seem to get any payload to work with Tegra. The libusbK drivers have been installed and I get a seemingly okay output, but nothing appears on my screen like it should.

My output is as follows:

TegraRcmSmash (64bit) 1.1.0-1 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#7&39b35a72&0&3#{9862b4b7-d023-4
3f2-ba62-e696d3261afa}
RCM Device with id 0004021100000018C9060D6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 67080, total size: 133296, total p
added size: 135168)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0057 byte SETUP request!

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd rather not keep switching to my Linux partition every time I want to run my switch.

D

Deleted User

restart switch try different port turn off power save usb i left vid tut earlier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over