Hacking Question TegraRCMgui can only read 4 of 16 bytes of device ID?

frognettle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I'm having trouble when using TegraRCMgui to check if my switch is patched. I'm getting the following error:
Trouble with TegraRcmGUI reading device ID

>Was only able to read 4 out of 16 bytes of device id
Error while injecting payload (RC=-7)

Could this be the usb cable? I did try 3 separate cables, but I can't say if they're of good quality.

Any thoughts?

frognettle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check your serialnumber. See here or try this website. Which payload do you use?

According to the link you gave me, my switch is definitely patched. I was using the"fusee_test.bin" payload

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what jig are you using also if its home made that might be an issue where its not bridging the correct contacts

I made a paperclip jig to jump the first and last pins following a guide. I could try again, but I'm pretty sure I was able to enter RCM with it.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if it's patched that's it for that switch. Also paperclips bad idea overall.
this is what I made dvd case spine and some thin usb wire. Perfect thickness. Pin 1 and 10 notched for the wire to sit in.

frognettle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it's patched that's it for that switch. Also paperclips bad idea overall.
this is what I made dvd case spine and some thin usb wire. Perfect thickness. Pin 1 and 10 notched for the wire to sit in.

That's a clever design.

The paperclip jig was made with help from a guide on these forums (can't link it since I'm still a new member).

Are there drawbacks to the paperclip method?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Paperclips are too thick and could damage the pins on the switch unit. The dvd case I used was the right thickness to fit in without any pressure on the pin spacer but allowed the wire to make contact perfectly . Ive only used it like 3 times though during getting mods up and running then just used autorcm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/hyundai-pauses-x-ads-nazi-content-platform-rcna148414